Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: No result covid test

User Info Menu

No result covid test

Has anyone leaving JA received a no result covid test . What is JA’s protocol for this ? I know someone trying to leave another country and they are holding them for 7 days because of a no result covid test .

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: No result covid test

Quote Originally Posted by Tripp View Post
    Has anyone leaving JA received a no result covid test . What is JA’s protocol for this ? I know someone trying to leave another country and they are holding them for 7 days because of a no result covid test .
    Here they would administer a second test. Not sure why the other person/country isn't requesting one...
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Here they would administer a second test. No sure why the other person/country isn't requesting one...
    I’m not sure either . My parents are in Tanzania. They are sending them to a resort and they have requested a second test but the country is saying that’s not apart of their protocol. Just seems odd. They will be fine . I just wondered if JA had seen these results before and if JA had a protocol for this . Sounds like JA has handled this before .

Administrator

User Info Menu

Can't they pay for their own tests? They won't be able to fly without a negative test....

Administrator

User Info Menu

And the Ministry of Health used to show the "no result" numbers until they just decided to do a second test and scrap the no result as meaningless, which it is...

User Info Menu

Yes I think their plan is to find another doctor to do another test .

Administrator

User Info Menu

Here is a sample of the "discharged" test as they were called from October...

Discharge samples tested in the last 24 hours: 2

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Here is a sample of the "discharged" test as they were called from October...

Discharge samples tested in the last 24 hours: 2
    Thanks Rob! All good info. Luckily my parents are retired and staying an extra week isn’t a big deal. I’m still set to come to Negril in June . Hopefully the covid cases will start to go down .