Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The new Curfew Hours until April 12...

Administrator

User Info Menu

The new Curfew Hours until April 12...

New curfew as we understand it - March 23rd to April 12

As is the current curfew hours, from Tuesday, March 23 to Friday, March 26, the nightly curfew hours will remain at 8:00 pm to 5:00 am, ending at 5:00 am on Saturday, March 27.

Now here is where it gets interesting. On Friday, March 26, workplaces will be required to close at noon, except for essential services like medical establishments, supermarkets, wholesale stores, pharmacies, restaurants and other food establishments, which will remain open up to the regular curfew time at 8:00 pm. The closure gives workers time to stock up for the 12:00 noon curfew which starts on Saturday.

On Saturday, March 27, the curfew begins at 12:00 noon, to end at 5:00 am on Monday, March 29.

There should be no movement on Sunday, March 28.

The current curfew hours return on Monday, March 29 to Wednesday, March 31, the curfew returns to 8:00 pm to 5:00 am.

Now here is where it gets confusing. On Thursday, April 1, Holy Thursday, workplaces will be required to close at noon, except for essential services. The closure gives workers time to stock up for the curfew which starts at 8:00.

There should be no movement on Good Friday, April 2.

On Saturday, April 3, the curfew begins at noon, and continues Easter Sunday and Monday, to end at 5:00 am on April 6.

There should be no movement on Easter Sunday, April 4.

The current curfew hours return Tuesday, April 6, the commencing at 8:00 pm nightly to 5:00 am the following morning ending at 5:00 am on Saturday, April 10.

On Friday, April 9, workplaces will be required to close at 12:00 noon to facilitate people to conduct their shopping to prepare for the tighter weekend curfew. Friday's curfew is 8:00 pm.

The third weekend of stringent measures starts on Saturday, April 10, the curfew will begin at 12:00 noon and continue through the entire day on Sunday and end at 5:00 am on Monday, April 12.

There should be no movement on Sunday, April 11.

On no movement days, people will be allowed to seek urgent medical care and those who have overseas travel plans can make their way to or from the airport. Essential services will still be operational.

Whew....
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Re: The new Curfew Hours until April 12...

Could you just go over that again. LOL

User Info Menu

Rob
    I know this is going to sound seflish, we are arriving on April 10.
    Will I be able to take my normal morning walk on Sunday April 11? or any other walks down the beach anytime of the day?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bikescott View Post
    Rob
    I know this is going to sound seflish, we are arriving on April 10.
    Will I be able to take my normal morning walk on Sunday April 11? or any other walks down the beach anytime of the day?
    April 11 is a no movement day. I will check further, but no movement seems to mean no movement...

Administrator

User Info Menu

I am getting conflicting info from the various media outlets so let's wait until the actual wording of the latest DRM (Disaster Risk Management) is published.

User Info Menu

If one is at a hotel they can still lay and swim?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Celinda View Post
    If one is at a hotel they can still lay and swim?
    Absolutely!

User Info Menu

I move from Rock House on the cliffs, to Coco La Palm on Sunday, March 28th. I wonder how that's going to work?

User Info Menu

SO what are tourists supposed to do for meals on the 'no movement days' if they're at a small hotel? Stock up on food in their rooms?

User Info Menu

Can you repeat the part where you said the stuff about the things...
    Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. KJV Psalm 68:4