Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Negril Population

User Info Menu

Negril Population

Rob or anyone that knows :

I was diving through the covid stats for today and it got me thinking . What is the population of Negril? I know that it’s hard on islands to get an accurate number. I was trying to guess what % of the population has contracted covid . Looks like the lockdown has improved numbers so far . Easter will probably have a small spike I would imagine .

User Info Menu

Re: Negril Population

Quote Originally Posted by Tripp View Post
    Rob or anyone that knows :

I was diving through the covid stats for today and it got me thinking . What is the population of Negril? I know that it’s hard on islands to get an accurate number. I was trying to guess what % of the population has contracted covid . Looks like the lockdown has improved numbers so far . Easter will probably have a small spike I would imagine .
    Westmoreland is the parish in which Negril is located and the MOH statistics are based.
    Westmoreland has a population of over 144,500 people.

Negril is much less densely populated than the capital of Westmoreland, Savanna La Mar.
    Negril has a population of over 7000 people.

The entire parish of Westmoreland's positive Covid cases is around 1%. The majority of the cases being in Sav La Mar.

User Info Menu

Re: Negril Population

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    Westmoreland is the parish in which Negril is located and the MOH statistics are based.
    Westmoreland has a population of over 144,500 people.

Negril is much less densely populated than the capital of Westmoreland, Savanna La Mar.
    Negril has a population of over 7000 people.

The entire parish of Westmoreland's positive Covid cases is around 1%. The majority of the cases being in Sav La Mar.
    Thanks for your help. I knew westmoreland’s percentage was low and Negril’s percentage was even lower.