Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canadians Please Help!

User Info Menu

Re: Canadians Please Help!

Covid is here to stay.
    For those waiting to get back to the way it was, This is the new normal.
    Economies that depend on tourism are going to be in trouble.
    There is no simple answer.

User Info Menu

Vaccination!! Couldn’t be easier.

User Info Menu

And yes, it’s here to stay. Vaccination!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rumlover View Post
    Amen brother. Amen.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rumlover View Post
    I wish it was that simple.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by airswift View Post
    I wish it was that simple.
    I'm sorry Airswift. This is crappy for all of us. As a fellow Canadian I see and feel your sadness. Some are calling this time the "Great Languish". It may seem that we are drowning but we do have hope. I am so proud to be Canadian at this time. I see how the government (all parties) are supporting the unemployed and the businesses and trying their best to obtain vaccines to end this terrible event. I feel for all the restaurant bar and hospitality workers and owners that have had to shut down. I am pleased to see the community support that has developed because of the Pandemic. There will certainly be a re-calibration of our economy in our future. I hope that the Americans finish their vaccination efforts soon so that the rest of the world can benefit from their vaccine production.
    When I look at Canada compared to the rest of the world I see how very lucky we are!
    My family has taken a lot from Jamaica. We have the most wonderful memories of time spent in Negril. When I'm lying on my death bed, pictures of Jamaica with my wife and kids and all the new friends that I have made because of Jamaica, will certainly ease my journey. The pictures will have not only the spectacular landscapes but the beautiful faces. The faces of the people that drove us, fed us, swept the beaches, sold us trinkets and smiled through our many demands. I'll always remember the faces.
    They don't have the support system that we take for granted. So there are small things that I have found that we can do. Even if it is only confirmation to a hotel with a small deposit that gives them hope for the future.
    I have successfully sent support to some friends directly to their banks in Jamaica and I know many Hotels are supporting their staff and families and offering food baskets to locals by themselves and with the help of donations.
    Rob and Lisa have worked hard to provide a lifeline to support the people of our familiar haunts thru NegrilStore.com and a link to Father Jim's wonderful charitable organization. The appreciation shown on the videos is sincere. If 150$ USD is not doable, the link to St Anthony's accepts donations from 10$ up.
    And when your time comes, get the vaccination so we can all meet up again!

User Info Menu

dash, I'm not sad just realistic and getting on with life under the "new normal"

User Info Menu

My Canadians have stepped up & we're so Thankful for Everyone's help from all over the world!!

Keep it going All...the folks here are blown away by your love & support❣️