Home | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Canadians Please Help!

  1. #1
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Canadians Please Help!

    Since Canadians are still not able to travel to Jamaica until maybe June or July now...
    I'm pleading for your help...from one Canadian to another.

    However you see it...either you chose to postpone your beautiful Jamaican vacation until you felt it was safe to travel again...or...you felt you got screwed by the Gov't cancelling flights to the Caribbean...no judgement from me...but...

    Our friends here in Negril really need your help & I'm not too shy to beg!

    Your contributions will & do make a huge difference in their lives until you can get back here once again.

    Please don't hesitate to help our small businesses struggling to survive...it's only one good night out on the town or depending on where you stay...a night or two at a hotel/resort.

    Thank you in advance ❣️

    Https://Negrilstore.com

  2. #2
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: Canadians Please Help!

    Small businesses in Canada are also struggling to survive. Many are closing never to reopen.

  3. #3
    Administrator

    User Info Menu

    Re: Canadians Please Help!

    Quote Originally Posted by airswift View Post
    Small businesses in Canada are also struggling to survive. Many are closing never to reopen.
    Yes, you are correct that small businesses all over the world are having struggles and many will never reopen.

    Jamaica doesn't have a government support system in place for small businesses and we are trying a voluntary project to help some of them survive.

    No one is forcing you to do anything. You can choose to help support the small business people of Negril, or you can choose not to and wait and see if they close, never to reopen.

    The choice is yours.....

    Thank you from the bottom of our hearts to those that are able to contribute and donate.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

  4. #4
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: Canadians Please Help!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Yes, you are correct that small businesses all over the world are having struggles and many will never reopen.

    Jamaica doesn't have a government support system in place for small businesses and we are trying a voluntary project to help some of them survive.

    No one is forcing you to do anything. You can choose to help support the small business people of Negril, or you can choose not to and wait and see if they close, never to reopen.

    The choice is yours.....

    Thank you from the bottom of our hearts to those that are able to contribute and donate.
    The choice is mine and I choose to help support the small business people in Canada.
    No one is forcing me to do anything.

  5. #5
    Administrator

    User Info Menu

    Re: Canadians Please Help!

    Quote Originally Posted by airswift View Post
    The choice is mine and I choose to help support the small business people in Canada.
    No one is forcing me to do anything.
    Please help support your local economy! That is admirable.

    But Negril being a tourism based economy, we don't have the luxury of local support since we are all literally in the same boat.

    Once again, a big thank you from the bottom of our hearts to those that are able to contribute and donate to the small businesses of Negril.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

  6. #6
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: Canadians Please Help!

    We're all in this together....


  7. #7
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: Canadians Please Help!

    Lisa and Rob;

    Thanks to you and any others involved in this initiative. I guess I take a selfish approach to this. We are fortunate to be able to travel to many different places but Negril is our “return often” spot. We return often because many of the people and places on the tee shirt have welcomed us and made us feel like we are appreciated. I do know it would not be the same vacation without the vendors supported in this campaign and many others we have frequented. I hope they all survive........because I want to be happy when I am there.

    I learned a long time ago that life is not about binary choices so I choose to support both the small businesses in Canada and in Negril. And Lisa you are right, we are all in this together........

    Hoping, fingers crossed for a pandemic breakout trip in the fall��

  8. #8
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: Canadians Please Help!

    Quote Originally Posted by ColdInNB View Post
    Lisa and Rob;

    Thanks to you and any others involved in this initiative. I guess I take a selfish approach to this. We are fortunate to be able to travel to many different places but Negril is our “return often” spot. We return often because many of the people and places on the tee shirt have welcomed us and made us feel like we are appreciated. I do know it would not be the same vacation without the vendors supported in this campaign and many others we have frequented. I hope they all survive........because I want to be happy when I am there.

    I learned a long time ago that life is not about binary choices so I choose to support both the small businesses in Canada and in Negril. And Lisa you are right, we are all in this together........

    Hoping, fingers crossed for a pandemic breakout trip in the fall��
    ColdInNB...you made me tear up!
    Your message is exactly how I feel about our situation here & in Canada as my heart is in both places.

    As Rob said....there's no Gov't support for businesses here & Everyone involved is blown away by the help that is being given. Thank you so much ColdInNB!

  9. #9
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: Canadians Please Help!

    Thank you to all involved in this - keep up the great work Lisa!
    Don't waste your time with explanations, people only hear what they want to hear.

  10. #10
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: Canadians Please Help!

    As Rob said, there is limited help for the business person in Negril. Our small businesses in the states aren't doing well either. We support them as much as the protocols allow; but also support the small businesses in Negril that we would be frequenting on trips that we haven't been able to take due to the pandemic. We have canceled 2 trips to Jamaica. We certainly can put some of the money we haven't spent towards our friends in Negril. This is a great opportunity to show these good people how much we care about them. Kudos and let's keep it going. WM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •