Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Great week in Negril

User Info Menu

Great week in Negril

Just returned from a week at Idle Awhile. It was very strange on the weekend when there were no vendors. It was a beautiful week with perfect weather and wonderful people. EVERYONE was taking Covid very seriously, lots of handwashing, sanitizer and mask wearing. Rockhouse was probably on it the most of anywhere we went, handwashing when we exited the cab, handwashing again at the hostess stand, and temp taken. Idle Awhile made it very easy to get tested for the return trip to the States. They had someone come to our room and we had the results within 10 min, emailed to us within a couple hours. Little wait at the airport in either direction. If you can get away, I would go, it's very easy peazy!

User Info Menu

Re: Great week in Negril

We just got back too, we were at Couples SA, we felt safer there than anywhere in the States. Got our test to come home results back in a couple hours.
    If anyone is on the fence please go the people really need our help now more than ever.

User Info Menu

Going next Sunday. Sounds like its easier to travel now.

User Info Menu

As I understand the current requirements:
    1. Seven days prior to travel you request authorization from the travel board.
    2. Three days prior to travel you take a COVID test.
    3. Three days prior to return travel you take a COVID test?

You provide all of that documentation when checking in at the airline? Does that sound about right? Thanks

User Info Menu

Yes, that was my experience. Easy peasy, and only 60 people on my flight down.

If one can manage to come down, folks here are eager to see their friends.

User Info Menu

We arrive Saturday!

User Info Menu

Returned yesterday after a 14 day stay. The beach was magnificent, the people warm and friendly and the weather perfect. Bring along bug repellent and sunscreen and enjoy the quiet beach. Support the locals as much as you are able. Travel to and from the states, testing, etc..not difficult at all. Felt safer in Negril than the US with regards to Covid protocols....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by danthemanpurdue View Post
    Just returned from a week at Idle Awhile. It was very strange on the weekend when there were no vendors. It was a beautiful week with perfect weather and wonderful people. EVERYONE was taking Covid very seriously, lots of handwashing, sanitizer and mask wearing. Rockhouse was probably on it the most of anywhere we went, handwashing when we exited the cab, handwashing again at the hostess stand, and temp taken. Idle Awhile made it very easy to get tested for the return trip to the States. They had someone come to our room and we had the results within 10 min, emailed to us within a couple hours. Little wait at the airport in either direction. If you can get away, I would go, it's very easy peazy!
    HI how was it going there? i think you need a covid test 3 days before?

User Info Menu

Getting tested before wasn’t any issue..although the AA staff in Charlotte were very confused about their own VeriFLY app....and getting tested in Negril wasn’t any problem either. Just be sure to check ahead of time for operating hours. And really really scrutinized the test result for misspellings and gender ID...easily fixable but you wouldn’t want to get all the the way to MoBay and not have the info accurate.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jer-i View Post
    Getting tested before wasn’t any issue..although the AA staff in Charlotte were very confused about their own VeriFLY app....and getting tested in Negril wasn’t any problem either. Just be sure to check ahead of time for operating hours. And really really scrutinized the test result for misspellings and gender ID...easily fixable but you wouldn’t want to get all the the way to MoBay and not have the info accurate.
    thanks!