Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yellowbird Sea-Tel

User Info Menu

Yellowbird Sea-Tel

Not sure if this intel is correct.... is Yellowbird Sea Tel currently closed indefinitely for renovations? If yes, any idea when the renovations will be completed?
    I have a booking for December 26, 2021-January 9, 2022.
    I have been to Yellowbird for 37 years excluding 2020 approximately 45 times... is my home away from home

User Info Menu

Re: Yellowbird Sea-Tel

I copied this from facebook. Posted yesterday. There is time to get your questions answered.

"To our current and prospective guests and friends, The Yellow Bird Resort will close temporarily for refurbishing, effective May 1, 2021 until further notice.
    We must apologize for any inconvenience in your current or future booking with us, we therefore use this time of COVID-19 pandemic as it is imperative to reconstruct and improve the amenities, services and overall ambience of the Resort in an effort to provide better accommodations to you.
    We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.
    Feel free to call, email or send us a message should you have questions or concerns about this temporary closure.
    Again, thank you so much for your patience, support and well wishes as we take this much needed time to work on The Yellow Bird, “your home away from home.”
    Yellowbirdseatel@gmail.com
    Ybird@theyellowbird.com
    Www.theyellowbird.com
    876 957 4252
    Best Regards
    Keep safe
    #PeaceLove"

User Info Menu

It seems a change of ownership has taken place at Yellow Bird. On their facebook page they say they are closed for renovations. Also noted on FB was that they are (were) charging a fee of $20 US per person for a day pass to use their beach facilities. You received a towel, beach lounger, washroom and shower use and $10 US bar credit.
    Does that seem like a decent deal to you? Maybe the new management wants to limit the number of non-guests using the property. It is not exactly clear if you could still stop in at the bar for a drink.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sunray View Post
    It seems a change of ownership has taken place at Yellow Bird. On their facebook page they say they are closed for renovations. Also noted on FB was that they are (were) charging a fee of $20 US per person for a day pass to use their beach facilities. You received a towel, beach lounger, washroom and shower use and $10 US bar credit.
    Does that seem like a decent deal to you? Maybe the new management wants to limit the number of non-guests using the property. It is not exactly clear if you could still stop in at the bar for a drink.
    They changed ownership spring of 2020.
    A few people were discouraged by their new charges & we hadn't heard of anyone going back after that.

User Info Menu

On a different note. The Bird is no longer Yellow.Name:  aaaa5.jpg
Views: 1563
Size:  210.5 KBName:  aaaa4.jpg
Views: 1579
Size:  95.6 KBName:  aaaa3.jpg
Views: 1506
Size:  79.1 KBName:  aaaa2.jpg
Views: 1522
Size:  35.9 KBName:  aaaa1.jpg
Views: 1437
Size:  28.4 KBellow.

User Info Menu

I believe Yellow Bird has been there from just after I first come.

Happy to see it!

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    They changed ownership spring of 2020.
    A few people were discouraged by their new charges & we hadn't heard of anyone going back after that.
    We were discouraged at first and stopped going for a while. Once we had an opportunity to talk with the day manager, we found out that many people were using the beach, beach chairs, wifi, and the washrooms, yet never spent a penny at the bar and then left the chairs out and garbage on the beach. Can't really blame them for taking action. We spend an afternoon or two there per week, use the bar and tip well so we were given the preverbal golden pass. I can't wait to see the new Yellowbird next season. I understand that the new owner also bought Merril's III next door and the old Risky Business next to Merril's so he will have a very nice stretch of beach for improvements.

User Info Menu

I hope it all works out very well for the Yellow Bird. It is a gem of a beach front property in Negril, and remains more like what many of the places on the Negril Beach were like 20 or 30 years ago. (More green, less concrete).

User Info Menu

They had that awful chain link fence along the beach. I always felt sorry for the people staying there. IMHO Yellowbird improved 100% when that came down. Anxious to see how the future plays out.

User Info Menu

Yellowbird chairs/facilities

Quote Originally Posted by brownsd54 View Post
    We were discouraged at first and stopped going for a while. Once we had an opportunity to talk with the day manager, we found out that many people were using the beach, beach chairs, wifi, and the washrooms, yet never spent a penny at the bar and then left the chairs out and garbage on the beach. Can't really blame them for taking action. We spend an afternoon or two there per week, use the bar and tip well so we were given the preverbal golden pass. I can't wait to see the new Yellowbird next season. I understand that the new owner also bought Merril's III next door and the old Risky Business next to Merril's so he will have a very nice stretch of beach for improvements.
    I agree, as a longtime paying guest, I noticed over the last couple of seasons that the number of non YB guests just coming and taking YB loungers was growing. These folks would not buy anything at the bar or perhaps one drink, take the majority of the prime chair positions and then leave their garbage on the beach. It got to the point that for paying YB guests it was difficult to find a "decent chair" and relax.
    Last edited by Douglas Henderson; 04-28-2021 at 06:14 PM.