Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Yellowbird Sea-Tel

User Info Menu

Re: Yellowbird Sea-Tel

Quote Originally Posted by airswift View Post
    This beach chair thing is an issue everywhere. A charge for non resort guests is a possible solution however hotel security would need to get involved to make it work.
    I agree with you re solution and security/lifeguard enforcing which by my observation often wasn't the case in the past.... hence the number of "Drop-ins".
    BTW: If you look at other Resorts nearby... Legends, Merrills, Grand Pineapple, Kuyaba, Whistling Bird, Rooms etc... the only people using their chairs (my impression) are guests at the particular facility. Drop-ins tend to not be there as guest only chairs policy appears to be enforced

As an aside, other facilities are available including Alfred's, Bourbon Beach, Woodstock et al where there are chairs on a first come basis and a bar....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Henderson View Post
    I agree with you re solution and security/lifeguard enforcing which by my observation often wasn't the case in the past.... hence the number of "Drop-ins".
    BTW: If you look at other Resorts nearby... Legends, Merrills, Grand Pineapple, Kuyaba, Whistling Bird, Rooms etc... the only people using their chairs (my impression) are guests at the particular facility. Drop-ins tend to not be there as guest only chairs policy appears to be enforced

As an aside, other facilities are available including Alfred's, Bourbon Beach, Woodstock et al where there are chairs on a first come basis and a bar....
    It happens, mostly on a Sunday, people will enter a resort on a day pass. They won't put down a deposit for a beach towel but simply sit in other peoples chairs and use their towels. I've seen it happen.
    As for security, re the lifeguard tower on " Show me a sign " post

User Info Menu

Well we’re going to be using all the facilities at country country including using credits towards their restaurant and bar even though we’re staying somewhere else. But then again I have 1,050 in a deposit that I can’t get back so they are treating it like day passes. So I end up losing a lot of money. Sorry I digress.

User Info Menu

Have always loved YB!! Last stayed there July 2017...was looking to maybe re-book but now it looks like the prices have gone way up! I doubt we will be able to stay there again, and that makes me so sad!
    Peace, Patty & Alan

User Info Menu

Oh no, the mural is gone!!
    Peace, Patty & Alan

User Info Menu

Only seen 2 from the original staff left rest were fired.Marcia cake lady and Andrea kicked of property.Ref stripe went fr $250 to $600 no one drank there.Adjusted price to $400 j.No one hangs there with the exception of some who stay the winter.Corrine the only bartender left is working 7 days a week.The guest who come year after year are disappointed with changes I have spoken to.

User Info Menu

We were there in December and yes, Corrine was the only one there. She was working 6 afternoons a week but sometimes closed before 3:00pm. Prices did go up and they weren’t even putting bananas in a dirty banana. So, we walked up one day when they were supposed to be open with our own bananas and it was closed. Sorry to lose such a wonderful spot but we won’t pay a lot of money anymore if they don’t start using bananas again. Best wishes for them all.