Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best way to get around Negril?

User Info Menu

Best way to get around Negril?

Hello, coming with my son to Negril early May and staying at Idle Awhile Beach. Wondering about recommendations for getting around--especially to the West End, and local taxi rates. What can we expect?
    Thanks in advance.
    BTW, any updates on the curfew for May?

User Info Menu

Re: Best way to get around Negril?

You can share a Route Taxi (shared ride with public) for $1 or so each person along the beach road, and again in another taxi for another buck or two each up the cliffs (west end). The "route" for each ends in town, between the west end and the beach. For slightly more, about $10, you can get a cab from anywhere on the beach to anywhere on the cliffs, all to yourselves. Taxi's will be plentiful and will probably hang around to take you back. Check with your restaurant or wherever you're heading. Some will gladly pick you up. There are endless places along the beach and cliffs that are walking distance. You're going to love Idle Awhile!
    Very Important, DO NOT forget to discuss price before getting into the taxi. Oh, and Have fun!!
    Last edited by JohnNYC; 04-29-2021 at 04:01 PM.

User Info Menu

There is a taxi driver that hangs out at Idle Awhile if he’s not doing an airport run. The security guard has called for a taxi when one wasn’t around. Yes, always negotiate the price before you get in the taxi. If going to the west end negotiate round trip and you won’t pay until you’re returned home.

User Info Menu

Good to tie in with one driver if you find one that is covid friendly..wears a mask, clean vehicle and doesn't have a lot of people in it all the time ...route taxis are cheaper but there may be others in the taxi and you don't know who was in it before ... I useda guy names Mark who hangs out at the parking lot at Margaritaville.very reliable and prompt.....

User Info Menu

At the Rayon, across the road from Sandy Haven, next to the church, there usually are a number of guys waiting under the big tree. All of them are reliable especially, Steppa, Romaine, Stumpy (Norbert), and Gavin. Stumpy's Facebook page is Take Me Around Jamaica. They are reasonable, safe, and reliable. We haven't been back since the pandemic began, so I don't know who is working that area right now.

User Info Menu

Call my man Barry... 876-434-2071.. he'll take very good care of you for a reasonable rate!

User Info Menu

Thank you for the suggestions! Very helpful!

User Info Menu

Thank you--looking forward--

User Info Menu

Best transportation hands down! Godwin Nnaocha and family:
    https://www.facebook.com/godwin.nnaocha

User Info Menu

How much is a typical fare to the West end? (for call/private taxi) (from Idle Awhile)?