Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Curfew

User Info Menu

Curfew

As I understand it curfew is as follows:

M-F 8 pm
    Sat 6 pm
    Sun 2 pm

Is that accurate? Are restaurants/bars at hotels allowed to stay open for business for guests? Thinking about eating and what not.

Thanks

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Curfew

Quote Originally Posted by jeff brown View Post
    As I understand it curfew is as follows:

M-F 8 pm
    Sat 6 pm
    Sun 2 pm

Is that accurate? Are restaurants/bars at hotels allowed to stay open for business for guests? Thinking about eating and what not.

Thanks
    It is accurate for the next 4 weeks. The restaurants and bars in your hotel can remain open past curfew hours for the hotel guests.

Think of it as your private residence. Just because curfew is at 2pm on Sunday does not mean that you cannot cook, eat or drink on your own property after 2pm...

The curfew means that you cannot be out and about in public during those hours.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Thanks Rob! Hope you all are well. I wasn't sure what kind of allowances were made for people to travel to and from work after curfew hours but in thinking about I would guess it would be no different than when there have been curfew restrictions here at home. People were given allowances to travel for work as needed.

User Info Menu

I sure wish they would just make 8 pm the standard curfew everyday . I was hoping it would possibly be 10 pm by the time I fly down on June 3rd.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    It is accurate for the next 4 weeks. The restaurants and bars in your hotel can remain open past curfew hours for the hotel guests.

Think of it as your private residence. Just because curfew is at 2pm on Sunday does not mean that you cannot cook, eat or drink on your own property after 2pm...

The curfew means that you cannot be out and about in public during those hours.
    Rob, everyone at home is flipping out about curfew as we booked 2 weeks 5-22 to 6-5. Trying to calm everyone down. Might be a foolish question but can we maybe get deliveries on Sunday from say Docs or Chinese food? LOL Dan. I know it’s not going to bother me , still looking forward to coming and seeing everyone.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tripp View Post
    I sure wish they would just make 8 pm the standard curfew everyday . I was hoping it would possibly be 10 pm by the time I fly down on June 3rd.
    You may be in luck! The current curfew hours expire June 3rd and the Prime Minister said that it is likely that there will be easing of the curfew hours thereafter!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 1966 Hippie View Post
    Rob, everyone at home is flipping out about curfew as we booked 2 weeks 5-22 to 6-5. Trying to calm everyone down. Might be a foolish question but can we maybe get deliveries on Sunday from say Docs or Chinese food? LOL Dan. I know it’s not going to bother me , still looking forward to coming and seeing everyone.
    The government has set up what they call the ENDS delivery service program to deal with the problems caused by the curfew hours. https://www.ends.gov.jm

Unfortunately it is not island wide yet, although they keep saying it will be expanded in the coming weeks. There are still a couple weeks before you are here - keep your fingers crossed.

User Info Menu

Are the number of cases in Jamaica not being accurately reported? From what I am seeing, there are hardly in cases in Jamaica. It makes the continued curfew difficult to understand.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RyanP View Post
    Are the number of cases in Jamaica not being accurately reported? From what I am seeing, there are hardly in cases in Jamaica. It makes the continued curfew difficult to understand.
    We had a spike in cases several weeks back. This was due mainly from illegal late night parties and gatherings. Because of the curfews, the numbers have been reduced greatly. Because of the incubation period, the health officials recommended curfews for two more incubation periods which will expire June 2nd.

Look for a relaxing of the curfew hours after the 2nd...