Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why do we visit?

User Info Menu

Re: Why do we visit?

I come to visit my money!

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Love it. You have a beautiful property Cap. And a sweet little family.

User Info Menu

I came the first time for a wedding. I was struck by an overwhelming feeling that I came to realize after another trip was “home”. No where do I feel more welcome or at peace. Jamaica nah easy. But once you go you know.
    Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. KJV Psalm 68:4

User Info Menu

We visit because we like to smoke ganja......no, just kidding; actually we don't partake. On our first reach, for our honeymoon almost 30 years ago, we stayed at the Holiday Inn Montego Bay. We took a day trip to Negril which unloaded us at the Treehouse back then - no Margaritaville or Woodstock. We walked out to the 7 mile beach, looked left, looked right, nothing but beach could we see. We said, "We found our happy place." Since then we have made some friends, had some good times with locals and visitors alike. But the over-riding factor that keeps us coming back is the people of Jamaica with their predominantly positive disposition. No matter what negativity is affecting their lives, they remain positive and thankful for what they have. We are coming back for our 30th anniversary this summer and are looking forward to soaking in some of that positivity and bringing it home to Michigan. WM

User Info Menu

As everyone said, the people... both the locals that I look forward to seeing every trip and also the other tourists that have the same travel schedule as me that I see on my visits (plus the new friends I'll make on that trip). What's great is the calm that Jamaica brings over everyone. This calm allows me to make friendships with people with different ideological views that probably wouldn't happen back home.

Also, the freedom that Negril brings. I love waking up in the morning knowing all the things possible to do there yet just letting the day and the people take me to whatever experience that I'm going to have that day. That just doesn't seem to happen anywhere else...