Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do we visit?

User Info Menu

Why do we visit?

After reading this article in CNN...
    https://edition.cnn.com/travel/artic...cmb/index.html
    ...and, of course having my own reasons for returning frequently to Negril & then eventually moving here...

I'm curious to know why you've all returned to Jamaica & particularly Negril on a regular basis? 🌺

User Info Menu

Re: Why do we visit?

The people. It’s truly that simple for us.
    Don't waste your time with explanations, people only hear what they want to hear.

User Info Menu

Family and friends and to live during the summer months once our house gets built.

User Info Menu

it's mi happy place

User Info Menu

It’s definitely the local people and the vibe they create. Especially love the casualness and warmth of the cliffs. ����

User Info Menu

Definitely the people..the vibe..the food...& after 27 years for me I haven't seen much of a change in the lay of the land & I like that way...the rustic old Negril..the simplicity..I'm a Cliff dweller & always have been & I like spending a nice day at the beach but always look forward to coming back to the home to my little Cliff resort..catch a shower & go up to my bar for a beverage & wait for a beautiful sunset over that awesome warm Blue Caribbean Mother Ocean..what a way to spend the day in little Negril..That's what keeps me coming back all these years..Although I will say that I took a 4 year break to check out other countries in the late 90's & they were nice but just didn't have what I always get from my Negril visit so I haven't a need to look any further for my winter getaway.

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Why do we visit?

It started with me, and once I got married my wife, but for us it's the laid back casual Irie vibe, the beautiful beach and sea, the food and of course the warm Jamaican people. There's also the fact that you can have 2 vacations in one, half beach and half cliffs, very easily.
    I was born to sand gravitate, it's in my blood, and last but not least nobody can find me when I'm there.
    Last edited by JohnNYC; 05-07-2021 at 08:10 PM.

User Info Menu

AAAA...because the only ice you see here is in a glass.

User Info Menu

All the things everyone else has said plus.........spending alone time with my wife. Not enough of that at home!
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*

User Info Menu

Our first trip in 1983 was the first of countless trips over the years. Back then everybody had their "likkle ting" going on and although some of it was illicit (weed & shrooms mostly) it seemed like there was a sort of grapevine and "watchy-watchy, hushy-hushy" going on just below the surface that served to keep you out of trouble and impart what you needed to know to get you in the know ("see dem two guys walking the beach? They're undercover from MoBay. Never talk to them"). It was an adventure every day. Maybe it's still like that I don't know. We left the beach hustle and switched to the cliffs many years ago. One thing abides...the long-time friendships we've developed over the years. We're booked for the last two weeks of August and I can hardly wait to see our friends and generate what commerce we can around our spot on the cliffs. Oh, and the food, vibes, music et al.