Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Cash or card

User Info Menu

Cash or card

Hello everyone
    We are set to arrive in Negril June 3rd. We are excited about taking in all Negril has to offer . I planned to bring a good bit of cash for purchases and tips off the resort . I am sure most places accept cash for drinks etc . Do most of you use cash off the resort or away from your hotels or do you use your card ?

Thanks in advance for any advice .

User Info Menu

Re: Cash or card

Cash is king! I bring a card and use the ATM at NCB bank to get cash. I keep some US and some J on me most of the time. If the prices are posted in J pay with J. If they are in $ pay with $. Have fun!
    Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. KJV Psalm 68:4

User Info Menu

I do the same Ras Walleye. I only use my credit card at the hotel for the final bill where I am staying at and use the ATM at Scotia or NCB to get the best exchange rates.

User Info Menu

Bring plenty of small bills in USD ($5s and $10s) for tips, taxi etc. I also exchange a couple hundred $J for bars and restaurants.

User Info Menu

We take cash and use it most places but we do use a credit card at the nicer/pricier restaurants.

User Info Menu

First thing I do is hit the ATM for Jamaican dollars. They go much further than USD. :-)