Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Why did you choose the Boardie name you are using on this forum??

User Info Menu

Re: Why did you choose the Boardie name you are using on this forum??

Just my Name. If I had thought of it Sunspot Baby. I looked in Miami I looked in Negril. One of my fav Bob Seeger songs since aI have traveled to them all.

User Info Menu

Wishful thinking.......

User Info Menu

My name is Monty, and when we first traveled to Jamaica in 1993 for our honeymoon our first Jamaican friend started calling my wife, Melissa, Melo. It is pronounced like Mellow, but only has one "L" in it like Melissa. The name totally fits because she is totally Mellow when we are there.

M&M

User Info Menu

A long time ago my young son was obsessed with reading everything Seuss, one of his favorites was The Lorax, so...

User Info Menu

It's good to see people we know and people we don't know yet. I wondered about some of these. Thanks for the posts. Any more

User Info Menu

Many years ago I met a young Rasta guy on the beach early one morning and we proceeded to chat for a while. As we shared his spliff he explained to me how he had inherited his grandfathers' property up on the cliffs and with his chickens, goats, fruit trees, garden plot and ample fishing front he was now a "yardie" and along with his bicycle he had "every ting I need, mon". Since that day my dream has been to become an "old yardie". And now I have the "old" part down but still no yard.

User Info Menu

Jahlove, came from a mixture of Reggae music that I fell in love with on our first trip to Jamaica in 1990.

User Info Menu

I picked my Boardie name from a very good friend. When we started to travel to Negril in the late 70's we stayed up in Red Ground and the little ones would call him Bigga.

User Info Menu

mu original sign on years ago was Spanky as that has been a nickname in Negril. i began to see Spanky on some other sights so wanted all to know i am the Original

User Info Menu

I was using Sue many years ago but there were a couple and one was not posting nice things. So I changed it to my initials SLP.
    Irie Sue