Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Why did you choose the Boardie name you are using on this forum??

User Info Menu

Re: Why did you choose the Boardie name you are using on this forum??

These pictures are killing me! That's my favorite thing for breakfast...egg, cheese and bacon! Yummy!

User Info Menu

Fisher Branch is a small town I grew up in.
    First trip to Negril was in 2010 (yes, I know that makes me a relatively young pup on this board amongst all you wiley veterans) and we stayed at SeaStar. Somehow during the stay I became known as Fisher Branch to Chris and others. 2 years later we were back at SeaStar and soon after arriving as I'm walking to the bar Chris yells out across the dining area "Fisher Branch" and that was it. Decided that would be my Jamaica/Negril name. Works great for the guys on the beach as well. They ask what my name is and I tell them Fisher Branch.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher Branch View Post
    Fisher Branch is a small town I grew up in.
    First trip to Negril was in 2010 (yes, I know that makes me a relatively young pup on this board amongst all you wiley veterans) and we stayed at SeaStar. Somehow during the stay I became known as Fisher Branch to Chris and others. 2 years later we were back at SeaStar and soon after arriving as I'm walking to the bar Chris yells out across the dining area "Fisher Branch" and that was it. Decided that would be my Jamaica/Negril name. Works great for the guys on the beach as well. They ask what my name is and I tell them Fisher Branch.
    That's a great story. I'd like to try that but Ferguson doesn't have as nice of a ring. There are 2 little towns near us, one named Hopkins and the other, Bradley. That's what the exit sign on US-131 reads. One of our local bar tenders took that for his new name, Bradley Hopkins. That's hilarious! Thanks for your story.

User Info Menu

There might be a reason Chris remembered that name. When we arrived at Seastar it turned out they had overbooked my room for the first night so they set me up at LTU Gardens. No problem there. That evening Chris was in party mode. When it came time to take me to LTU, Chris, his buddy and Delroy, the cook, pile in to the van and as we get to the corner Chris quickly asks 'left or right'? Before I can answer, we're headed towards town and end up at Scrub-a-Dub. Didn't get back to LTU until 4 or 5AM at which point you could basically pour me out of the van. Will never ever forget my first night in Negril and wouldn't change it for the world.

User Info Menu

I have nothing to hide. ;-)

User Info Menu

Rustedduck - I was an avid duck hunter, but a bit older than my hunting partners, and a little bit slower,
    hence the "rusted". Years ago RockRobster referred to me as the corroded quacker

User Info Menu

When Kev and I were married his hair was down to his butt and I called him HB Hippie Boy. I eventually started cutting it . He looked so young I changed it to HB Honeybear . So my name here was Miss Honey .. most my friends around here call me Hippie Chick .

User Info Menu

My wife's name is Eryn, Jamaican's can't say it. We gave up, she is I - rine.
    [https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Miss Ginny's (Virginia) name has been "MIss Jenny" in Jamaica for 40 years. However she's sometimes called Miss G (as in Ginny)

Names in Jamaica are really cool!

For instance. How do you pronounce Smith?

Cap

Cap
    Last edited by captaind; 07-03-2021 at 04:48 PM.
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Tootsie Pops for the Kiddies !
    Name:  Jamaica 04 (216).JPG
Views: 370
Size:  647.6 KB