Home | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: AA testing requirements for flights departing to Jamaica

  1. #1
    Member

    User Info Menu

    AA testing requirements for flights departing to Jamaica

    So I tried getting hold of American Airlines about this but hold times are ridiculous. Just wanted to clarify that it’s Jamaica and not the airlines that are driving the testing specifications. I’m asking because I wasn’t going to get the girls tested since they are under the age of 12 (4 and 6) as per Jamaican requirements but I don’t want American Airlines telling me they needed to be tested to board the plane. Same thing with test types. Thank you! BA

  2. #2
    Administrator

    User Info Menu

    Re: AA testing requirements for flights departing to Jamaica

    Quote Originally Posted by BethAnn38 View Post
    So I tried getting hold of American Airlines about this but hold times are ridiculous. Just wanted to clarify that it’s Jamaica and not the airlines that are driving the testing specifications. I’m asking because I wasn’t going to get the girls tested since they are under the age of 12 (4 and 6) as per Jamaican requirements but I don’t want American Airlines telling me they needed to be tested to board the plane. Same thing with test types. Thank you! BA
    From the AA site:

    "Minors aged four years and younger do NOT need to take this pre-travel test."

    https://www.letsgetchecked.com/us/en/american-airlines/

    But this will no doubt change a couple times by August.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

  3. #3
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: AA testing requirements for flights departing to Jamaica

    So this is in addition to Jamaica’s entry requirements? I’m so confused. I need to try to call them and clarify. I didn’t realize the airlines were imposing their own testing requirements.

  4. #4
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: AA testing requirements for flights departing to Jamaica

    Wait times are ridiculous but with American Airlines they will call you back when it’s your turn. No need to sit on hold for an hour or two. By the way we all understand the stress. We all went through it before our first pandemic trip back but once you arrive it’s all worth it!! No sense worrying about current rules until two weeks before travel.

  5. #5
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: AA testing requirements for flights departing to Jamaica

    Quote Originally Posted by Rumlover View Post
    Wait times are ridiculous but with American Airlines they will call you back when it’s your turn. No need to sit on hold for an hour or two. By the way we all understand the stress. We all went through it before our first pandemic trip back but once you arrive it’s all worth it!! No sense worrying about current rules until two weeks before travel.
    Thank you! I’m waiting for their call now. Don’t know how I missed the call back part. You guys must think I’m a real dork!

  6. #6
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: AA testing requirements for flights departing to Jamaica

    BethAnn...you're asking for information that is going to change (maybe drastically) by the time you travel here in August.
    You're causing your self unnecessary stress! As Rumlover said...wait until two weeks before you travel.

  7. #7
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: AA testing requirements for flights departing to Jamaica

    Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    BethAnn...you're asking for information that is going to change (maybe drastically) by the time you travel here in August.
    You're causing your self unnecessary stress! As Rumlover said...wait until two weeks before you travel.
    I know. Everyone says that lol

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •