Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rocky has started Rockies Local Cuisines!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Rocky has started Rockies Local Cuisines!

Harry,

Google demotes and even de-indexes websites with duplicate information.

When you think and say things like "and that it wouldn't hurt to add more information even if it's just an introductory page. That it couldn't hurt to get the really important info in front of people in as many ways as possible", Google doesn't agree with you.

I agree not everyone is computer literate, but websites have been around for the general public since the mid 90's and they all tend to work the same way. Searching Negril.com for places to eat takes a single click.

Thanks to Google, that is as simple as we can make it. Duplicating information on a website is one of the worst things a site can do.

Giving Negril.com counter-productive "constructive criticism" in a public post is far from helpful.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

This is not at all how it works, Rob.

Maybe you should do some research into SEO optimization.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Harry,

Google demotes and even de-indexes websites with duplicate information.

When you think and say things like "and that it wouldn't hurt to add more information even if it's just an introductory page. That it couldn't hurt to get the really important info in front of people in as many ways as possible", Google doesn't agree with you.

I agree not everyone is computer literate, but websites have been around for the general public since the mid 90's and they all tend to work the same way. Searching Negril.com for places to eat takes a single click.

Thanks to Google, that is as simple as we can make it. Duplicating information on a website is one of the worst things a site can do.

Giving Negril.com counter-productive "constructive criticism" in a public post is far from helpful.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HarryS View Post
    This is not at all how it works, Rob.

Maybe you should do some research into SEO optimization.
    LOL.... here is a heading from Developer.GOOGLE.com

"Avoid creating duplicate content"
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

It's just like you to only show the header, and not the actual information. Show just enough to make it look like you're right, without actually proving anything.

It's ok to be wrong Rob. That's how people learn.

There are multiple things wrong with what you said, and instead of picking it apart, I suggested you learn about SEO.

I stand by that statement.

User Info Menu

HarryS...please stop bringing a negative vibe to our new businesses under the guise of being helpful etc...it's so sad you feel the need to do this as you've done before.
    https://negril.com/forum/showthread....tthew-s!/page2

I'm so looking forward to visiting Rockies with our friends this week...bring on that chicken, Rocky & Roxanne!
    I hope you all get to the chance to visit Rockies Local Cuisines when you get here!
    Yum!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    HarryS...please stop bringing a negative vibe to our new businesses under the guise of being helpful etc...it's so sad you feel the need to do this as you've done before.
    https://negril.com/forum/showthread....tthew-s!/page2

I'm so looking forward to visiting Rockies with our friends this week...bring on that chicken, Rocky & Roxanne!
    I hope you all get to the chance to visit Rockies Local Cuisines when you get here!
    Yum!
    Hi Lisa. Long time, no see. You know reading this thread I was remembering the many times I stood and watched a bunch of Jamaicans standing around an open hood of a broken car watching a mechanic at work. All of them think they could do the job better and faster but only the mechanic gets his hands dirty and does the job. The rest still walk away thinking somehow they did the job better. I say to them, "find your own car to work on". Respect.
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

As Accompong said, and I paraphrase, everybody's an expert. I, personally, would rather not have to wade through this gobbledygook to find any hidden gems of information. Regardless, I am ecstatic that Rocky and Roxann have started this new venture and will be trying out their cuisine pon our next reach, soon come. And if Mi Lady and I didn't know where it is, we would just ask our taxi driver to take us there, red plated only, of course. WM