Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steps to return to US

User Info Menu

Steps to return to US

Can someone clarify the steps for returning to the US? I was originally under the impression that all that was necessary was a negative COVID test three days prior to your return flight home. However, I had a friend who recently returned who mentioned a second required authorization and a second form to have completed? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Jeff

User Info Menu

Re: Steps to return to US

Quote Originally Posted by jeff brown View Post
    Can someone clarify the steps for returning to the US? I was originally under the impression that all that was necessary was a negative COVID test three days prior to your return flight home. However, I had a friend who recently returned who mentioned a second required authorization and a second form to have completed? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Jeff

https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...formation.html

User Info Menu

All I am seeing is the negative test 3 days prior to flying back to the US>

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jeff brown View Post
    All I am seeing is the negative test 3 days prior to flying back to the US>
    Yeah, that site is going to tell you everything you need to get back into the States.. I am thinking your friend may be referring to the Immigrations/Customs form. There is also an attestation form you have to complete on the return. I would also contact the airline you are using, because at the end of the day it's the airline that has to validate the documents....

User Info Menu

You do need an attestation form. I read about it before we left for our trip so I made copies to take with us. I'm sure they have them at the airport. I remember pretty much all it required is signing your name. You give it to the airline agent when you check in for your flight.

User Info Menu

Got it thanks. I also have the verifly app on my phone. I am flying American Airlines and they directed me to have it to streamline the process. I have a copy of the attestation along with my travel auth ready to go.

User Info Menu

Hopefully AA Verify App is working better than it was the end of February. We chose not to use it and were very thankful. I don’t know what went wrong but those using it were stuck at the counter and we breezed through using printed documents.

User Info Menu

Good to know. I am planning on having printed copies of everything as well just in case.

User Info Menu

The Attestation Form is at the CDC website in pdf format.
    When you help someone expect nothing in return and you will receive your reward ten times over.

User Info Menu