Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Legend's Negril 7/22-7/30

User Info Menu

Cool Legend's Negril 7/22-7/30

Checking to see how the curfew/COVID situation is around Negril.

I'm curious if shops/restaurants are open, can we walk up & down the beach? Are people wearing masks? Looking for feedback from anyone that is there or has been there recently. Will be staying at our second home, Legend's. Smaller resort so hopefully there will be options to go on Catamara tour, Blue Hole etc... I understand that Rick's is closed. Can't wait to see our friends and plan our wedding in Jamaica. :-)

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Legend's Negril 7/22-7/30

Quote Originally Posted by Negil4Ever View Post
    Checking to see how the curfew/COVID situation is around Negril.

I'm curious if shops/restaurants are open, can we walk up & down the beach? Are people wearing masks? Looking for feedback from anyone that is there or has been there recently. Will be staying at our second home, Legend's. Smaller resort so hopefully there will be options to go on Catamara tour, Blue Hole etc... I understand that Rick's is closed. Can't wait to see our friends and plan our wedding in Jamaica. :-)
    Most shops are open and you can walk the beach. Masks are discouraged on the beach and certainly in the water as it is a drowning hazard.

Masks are required in all public places, stores, banks, and entering bars and restaurants. But you remove them while eating and drinking.

Rick's is open again...
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Re: Legend's Negril 7/22-7/30

I was just there 5/28 - 6/5. I didn't see many wearing masks on the beach but in town I saw quite a few. Curfews didn't affect us much as we just planned ahead. The only times we had issues was: Wednesday evening, we want to eat at Connie's but she closed at 6 so went Friday evening - got boxed dinners instead at Corner Bar. Then on Thursday evening, - we went to Kennys Italian for dinner but they were closed for renovations. Went by Patsy's but didn't want wraps and sandwiches, stopped by Sandra's but she wasn't cooking that night, headed to Three Dives but forgot they don't accept credit cards, went to Choices near the hardware store but wasn't the atmosphere we were looking for but I was told their food is good. Ended up at Sweet Spice and we enjoyed our dinner- brought in our own bottle of white rum and Appleton. Lots of music still along 7 mile.