Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Continuation of Travel Authorization

User Info Menu

Continuation of Travel Authorization

We are finally headed back to Negril in December. I know it's still 5.5 months away (but who's counting) and the travel restrictions are in place until June 30, 2021. I'm just try ti get a sense of opinion on how long do people think the current requirements will stay in place. I know the answer maybe "until Covid goes away" but what does your gut feeling say?

Thank you

Bill

User Info Menu

Re: Continuation of Travel Authorization

I'm not fortune teller, but 5 months from now has to be better than the current conditions.
    With more and more people getting vaccinated everyday, and now the US is sending excess vaccinations to other countries (hopefully JA included), hopefully things will improve quickly.
    As annoying as the restrictions are, I would not let them prevent me from going

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JohnNYC View Post
    I'm not fortune teller, but 5 months from now has to be better than the current conditions.
    With more and more people getting vaccinated everyday, and now the US is sending excess vaccinations to other countries (hopefully JA included), hopefully things will improve quickly.
    As annoying as the restrictions are, I would not let them prevent me from going
    Recently announced....the US is sending vaccinations to Jamaica. 👍

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    Recently announced....the US is sending vaccinations to Jamaica. ��
    I hope that the fact the vaccines are coming from a reliable source will change Jamaicans' attitude towards taking the vaccine. I can tell you, based on what my husband's family and friends there are saying, that the fear is real and they feel like the PM is strong arming them into taking it by extending curfews and restrictions. They also don't see these restrictions being lifted anytime soon.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BethAnn38 View Post
    I hope that the fact the vaccines are coming from a reliable source will change Jamaicans' attitude towards taking the vaccine. I can tell you, based on what my husband's family and friends there are saying, that the fear is real and they feel like the PM is strong arming them into taking it by extending curfews and restrictions. They also don't see these restrictions being lifted anytime soon.
    I am not sure that you are getting correct info....

The curfews are being gradually lifted (from 8pm to 9pm) although the Sunday 2pm does have me stumped.

After this round of curfew times ending, expect the times to be open extended even later.

The infection rate has been dropping dramatically since the last spike.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I am not sure that you are getting correct info....

The curfews are being gradually lifted (from 8pm to 9pm) although the Sunday 2pm does have me stumped.

After this round of curfew times ending, expect the times to be open extended even later.

The infection rate has been dropping dramatically since the last spike.
    I'm just telling you what our "circle" is saying. They def do not want to take the vaccine and my husband seems to think restrictions will continue until more people are vaccinated. But you're right that the curfews have been relaxed.

Edited to Add: I'm happy to hear about the infection rates going down dramatically: i did not know that. We don't always get the most accurate information since we are not there at ground zero.
    Last edited by BethAnn38; 06-18-2021 at 02:23 PM.

User Info Menu

I'm proud to say New Yorkers have stepped up and are now at 70% vaccinated rate. The Governor has lifted all Covid - 19 related restrictions. NYC is coming back to life quickly!! Some cities and states here in the US with people hesitant to get the vaccination have resorted to bribery.
    Under 18, get vaccinated and have a chance to win a full college scholarship. Some states have a chance to win a Million a week. Bars are offering a free beer (unfortunately you're limited to one vaccination), ball parks are offering free game tickets if you get vaccinated there, and so on. This may not be the ideal way of getting those unsure to vaccinate, but it has substantially increased the vaccination rate in the locations offering incentives.
    What can be done to get Jamaicans off the fence about vaccination? Without this, JA will never be able to fully restore itself and its tourism back to where is was pre-covid.
    I'm not sure how the laws are in JA, but here in the US a privately owned business can require their employees to be vaccinated. Requiring people get vaccinated to keep their employment doesn't seem right to me, but this is what it may come down to for anyone in the tourism industry.