Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: One week out until I fly to Jamaica- Some random questions

User Info Menu

One week out until I fly to Jamaica- Some random questions

Flying in next Saturday
    I have been packed for weeks and am anxious to return to Negril
    I filled out the Jamaican Travel Authorization form and have received an approval to travel
    I scheduled my COVID test for this Wednesday (within 3 days of flying )
    I scheduled a test in Negril at my hotel, Travelers Beach resort to return to the States
    Downloaded Verifly and printed out the Attestation form for re-entry

Some random questions
    1) I think that's it, right? I remember that in a previous form you had to indicate who was transporting you. My usual driver has retired so I am using one provided by the hotel. Is that info still required? Do I have to fill out additional forms?
    2) I used to buy coffee beans from a man on the beach but haven't seen him on my last few trips. Does anyone know him or where to get the best roasted beans?
    3) A co-worker is about to have a brand new Jamerican baby. Any tips on where I can some Negril themed baby clothes?

Sorry for the questions, but this board as usual is a wealth of expertise on all things Negril. I am so ready for a week of sloth- the only sin I am guilty of while in Negril- on the beach. Thanks

User Info Menu

Re: One week out until I fly to Jamaica- Some random questions

Sounds like everything is in order. I think your driver's name was required earlier in the year but it wasn't necessary when we went in March. I haven't seen the coffee man on the beach in years. If it's the one I'm thinking of I don't think anybody was buying from him anymore for good reasons. Get your coffee from Thunder across from Alfred's on the beach road. Any taxi driver will take you there. I would suggest buying baby clothes from Sunnyside in the middle of Time Square. The owner Adrian gives you the best prices.

User Info Menu

if you do see Adrian you have to say YO ADRIAN when you enter the store . that usually gives you a 10 pct discount

User Info Menu

Blue Mountain Coffee Shop, ask for Toya