Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Places to go for Ital take out?

User Info Menu

Places to go for Ital take out?

It's been a few years since I've been back and was hoping I could get some ideas of where to go for some Ital food that I can just pick up? There used to be one place on the left just before you get to Hi Lo,it was in with some little gift shop type stores..he was at the back and had really good Ital stew and fish. Basically somewhere other than a restaurant where you would have to go and sit for a meal. Grazi!
    "Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" R.N.M

User Info Menu

Try Ras Rodys across from Tensing Pen...

User Info Menu

I think almost ALL the likkle local places will do "take out", since that is a Jamaican ting! Ras Rody's is a good choice for Ital, but think most other local places can do an "Ital" plate for you as well (unless, of course, they are jerk pans!)

User Info Menu

To my knowledge the little shop you you mentioned inside the shopping center is still there. There is another place on the right side of the beach road headin towards town. Sorry I forgot the name of it (reggae something) but it is after Bourban Beach and before the beach park. The shop doesnt look like much but a rastaman cooks ital inside his house which is right behind the shop for take out or he actually has some tables/chairs there in the yard if you want to stay. If you go by there, you might have to ask someone to get the rastaman for you in case he is in the house and not at the shop. Also, as mentioned Ras Rody on the west end has great Ital. One good thing is that fruits are plentiful!!!! I personally dont consider fish Ital but if you eat fish, there is plenty of that around.

Quote Originally Posted by northcoast View Post
    .....think most other local places can do an "Ital" plate for you as well (unless, of course, they are jerk pans!)
    It's true, all places will tell you "yes, yes we will do an Ital plate for you, no problem mon" but every restuarant will just serve you steamed cabbage with rice-n-peas - it gets old quick. A good hot ital meal is hard to find in negril and I soooo miss Royal Kitchen!

User Info Menu

Hello Irie_Dawta! Long time mi no see you pon da board! Ya know, I am with you sista.....I soooo miss Royal Kitchen!!!! It just isn't the same....and now, no Miss Jenny's.....Tough to face!! I did find Errol's number and gave him a call. Plan to hook up when there in December. I asked him if he could cook us up an Ital meal and of course, "no problem mon" So, hopefully, I'll get mi bellyfull of some great ital!!! I'll send him your regards!!

User Info Menu

Without a doubt Ras Rody..Real Ital-across from Tensing Pen..Easy to get it to go ....
    " Ones destination is never a place, but rather a new way of looking at things." (Henry Miller)

User Info Menu

Although famous for delicious large patties, Niah's Kitchen, with advance notice will cook up Ital stews etc.. Keep in mind you'll need to make arrangements beforehand. He's on the beach in the vendor area between Tony's Bar & Nirvana Cottages.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by yetta View Post
    Hello Irie_Dawta! Long time mi no see you pon da board! Ya know, I am with you sista.....I soooo miss Royal Kitchen!!!! It just isn't the same....and now, no Miss Jenny's.....Tough to face!! I did find Errol's number and gave him a call. Plan to hook up when there in December. I asked him if he could cook us up an Ital meal and of course, "no problem mon" So, hopefully, I'll get mi bellyfull of some great ital!!! I'll send him your regards!!
    Yes mi sistah, blessins! I lurk more than post since my opinions seem to differ too much from the majority on here but I am still around! I may miss JA this winter as I am heading to Trinidad soon. However, I still may squeeze in a quickie visit to negril in Feb though! Enjoy your Ital while there!