Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: White Sands - good choice?

User Info Menu

White Sands - good choice?

Finally planning a trip to Negril!! We were there in 2014 and every year I've been wanting to get back!! This time we will be staying at White Sands with a group of around 6 other couples. Last time, we had stayed at CoCoLa Palm and loved it. But since White Sands prices are a little lower, we've decided to try it.

Some of the group were hoping for an All-Inclusive, as they were concerned about costs. The only one I would consider would be Grand Pineapple, as I want to be right on the "fun" part of the beach. However, after reading some of the reviews, it seems like we would be disappointed there.

So, long story short (ok, maybe no so short), did I make the right call? How are the drinks and prices at White Sands bar and restaurant? Should I have given Grand Pineapple a chance?

Thank you for any advice!!

User Info Menu

Re: White Sands - good choice?

White Sands is a great budget place. Nice little bar and restaurant there. For the money, I think it is one of the best values. I have only stayed on the beach side there. They do have rooms across the road too that are a little cheaper but I never like to cross that road more then I have to. In my opinion, it doesn't compare even up to Cocolapalm as far as beach, rooms, bar and restaurant, but it is a well run, clean, good security type of place. I believe Grand Pineapple is closed but maybe someone else can chime in on that. I am sure you will enjoy it!

User Info Menu

Fargoman...may I ask when you stayed at White Sands last? Only asking because, they've done some major, fabulous upgrades the last year or so.
    White Sands is looking fabulous & the chef rocks there also.

User Info Menu

Bnewb....I stayed there last a couple years ago. You are right about the improvements ...especially the restaurant. I have always enjoyed my stay there and liked the hotel, staff and service. As I said in my comments, it is a great value for the money. I just don't equate the whole property as an equal of some of the other places..but then again, White Sands is not nearly as much money as most other places and is one of the best values there for what they charge. I will be going back there again and stay there. I am in no means disrespecting them and will continue to patronize them and recommend them...I suppose Bnewb I owe you and Rob a glass or two of wine there

User Info Menu

Isn't Merrill's an economical AI? I don't hear much about it. It's down in that section of the beach.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fargoman View Post
    Bnewb....I stayed there last a couple years ago. You are right about the improvements ...especially the restaurant. I have always enjoyed my stay there and liked the hotel, staff and service. As I said in my comments, it is a great value for the money. I just don't equate the whole property as an equal of some of the other places..but then again, White Sands is not nearly as much money as most other places and is one of the best values there for what they charge. I will be going back there again and stay there. I am in no means disrespecting them and will continue to patronize them and recommend them...I suppose Bnewb I owe you and Rob a glass or two of wine there
    No worries...I would never think you would disrespect anyone or anything, Fargoman...we're all entitled to our opinion about a property.
    We'll take you up on that glass of wine...I still think of that wine you introduced us to!!

User Info Menu

We were there in March during the pandemic. There has been a lot of improvements on the property, but what hasn't changed is the level of customer service you receive from everyone on the staff. This is our favorite go to place and I love the fact that you are in the middle of the beach so everything is walkable. The bar has drink specials everyday and the restaurant has great food. I don't know if they serve dinner since they did not when we were there during the pandemic but you're within walking distance from some great places to eat. We always stay on the beach side so we're only steps away from the beach. You won't regret staying there!

User Info Menu

Don't know when you're going, but it's worth mentioning that White Sands is one of the establishments offering a "special" for those who participate in the T shirt benefit. If you haven't yet, you might consider it.

User Info Menu

Thank you everyone, I think I made the right choice then!! wrtiii, I will check that out. We're going April, 2022.

User Info Menu

I've actually stayed at both and prefer White Sands. When I was Coco, I went in the late spring, so the room cost was almost comparable. But I didn't like the patio I was given (no cover) with the room and didn't think that the food that Coco presented was anything better than what you get from the WS chef. The 2 things I'll give Coco over WS's is the width of their beach and they have a better Happy Hour, 2 for 1, drink special (but you can always walk down the beach from WS if you want that). So if you go to Coco during the busy season (with their much higher room costs), I just didn't think the value was comparable (And that's not even mentioning the superior service you get from the people from WS).