Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: White Sands - good choice?

User Info Menu

Re: White Sands - good choice?

I’m returning for my first time in August. My hubs passed in March. I had credits at several places because of Covid. I have 3 trips pla bet now and August. I will be T CCLP in Feb. it’s actually a little big and modern for my taste. I will be at White sands for my first time in November. I don’t think you will be disappointed. The price is hard to beat.

User Info Menu

White Sands in our newest "go to" place. We love it and return for our third trip there in December.

My buddy wanted to go to Negril and booked Grand Pineapple after I directly told him not to. Guess what, he booked thru a third party (I told him not to do that either) and since Grand Pineapple is closing he's losing his deposit. I really wish people would listen to those of us that's been there a few times
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*

User Info Menu

I think White Sands is a fantastic place. My partner and I stayed there just at the start of the pandemic in Mar 2020. As a gay couple, we were apprehensive about how we would be received in Jamaica but we had no issues with anyone at White Sands (or in Jamaica at all). The staff was all very hospitable and accommodating. Not sure when we'll go back (soon hopefully!) but we will almost certainly be staying at White Sands again.

User Info Menu

I have stayed up and down the beach . I have stayed at CCLP. I just stayed at White Sands in November and Dec. I really liked it. The staff is excellent. The rooms are basic but very clean . Security was tight . We stayed across the road . Security helped us at night stopping traffic. I liked these Rooms nice and quiet at night , nice view of gardens , and office is here for the safes. I thought safe would be an issue but not all. The beach area is small. Within two days you will have 20 new best friends. I canceled CCLP for Feb and booked here. The price can’t be beat .