Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Its not over yet...

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Its not over yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Honey View Post
    Just put my order in . I canceled for June but will be down in August. Hopefully covid stays down and travel picks up. Thanks for all you do Rob .
    And a big thank you to you Miss Honey! The contributions are still sorely needed.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ol'yardie View Post
    Catcha across from LTU is now LTU Gardens. The new owners are really nice people and they made major improvements
    to the cliffside bar just before Covid hit. LTU is our home away from home. Lotta friends in that little part of the West End.
    I love LTU! My husband and I would get really drunk on their rum punches lol. Can't wait to go back in August.

User Info Menu

I just bought my tee shirt as well. And I love going to Ltu as well. Very chill spot. I knew they were going threw some changes there. I heard the new owners stay in the big room with the loft and kitchen. I love that room. I will definitely be there for some beers in August.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    I just bought my tee shirt as well. And I love going to Ltu as well. Very chill spot. I knew they were going threw some changes there. I heard the new owners stay in the big room with the loft and kitchen. I love that room. I will definitely be there for some beers in August.
    Well maybe we can have a round together lol. I’ll be with the handsome Jamaican that looks a bit like Usher…

I think the previous owner was a guy named Bill if I remember correctly. Thought he was a bit odd tbh but we still went there all the time. We would get breakfast there as well as dinner and drinks. This was pre-kids mind you…

User Info Menu

Okay Beth sounds good. Yes his name was Bill . Last I talk to him I believe he was moving to Milwaukee. Ok I will look for you and usher lol.

User Info Menu

Yes it was Bill. It was a point of personal pride with him to keep the bar "old school". He and Susan from Catcha owned the Gardens together. Then one night a woman walked into the bar, started a chat with Bill and long story longer he moved back to the States and married her (I've seen pictures of him walking their dog in the snow.) Susan was also ready to get out of the Gardens after Catcha expanded and took off. Enter Luca and Kerry Ann who bought the businesses on both sides of the road and changed the name to LTU Cliff and Gardens. They did the renovations and improved the bar tremendously. They are great people and really take good care of their guests. Wife and I will be at Gardens the last two weeks of August, so Beth and Jumo, hope to see you there.

User Info Menu

Hi Rob. It was great meeting you at Red Dragon last week. You were right- everywhere I went while wearing the shirt I was greeted so warmly. It was well worth the investment for all the happiness it generated. You could see the smiles on their faces even if they were masked. And I even got a couple of beers on the house just for wearing it. I saw Karl Ricketts at Connie's and bought another of his works and talked about his upcoming projects.
    Stayed at Travelers, which was pretty full but the beaches were empty. Everyone was mindful about COVID precautions and I think they are working well so far.
    It was a perfect laid back week in Negril.
    I was supposed to fly out on Sunday but Elsa, while not causing much harm to Negril, made a mess of the flight schedules, and left me stranded in MoBay for a night. Ahh well it wasn't enough to ruin a wonderful week for me.
    Thanks again for everyone who made this project happen, and for those who can, please consider contributing.

User Info Menu

I vote LTU and Tony’s as the best rum punch ever . I once ate a brownie and drank two LTU rum punches . What a crazy 4 hour experience.