Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Travel Authorization Form for Jamaican Citizens

User Info Menu

Travel Authorization Form for Jamaican Citizens

Does anyone know if we're going to have to fill out two separate authorization forms- one for my husband who is a Jamaican Citizen with a Jamaican passport, and one for me and the girls who are US Citizens? Or, will they require additional information if we put all 4 of us on the same form? I heard the requirements for citizens are different from tourists- but if he's staying in the resilient corridor than I'm not sure. And no, I'm not freaking out about it- just want to prepare ourselves for August! BA

*Edited to add: I did just check on the the Visit Jamaica site and it appears we have to fill out a form for each of us. Just not sure if my husband is going to have issues or require different information since he is a Citizen. Also not sure he will be approved, although i don't see why not.
    Last edited by BethAnn38; 06-29-2021 at 03:13 PM.

User Info Menu

Re: Travel Authorization Form for Jamaican Citizens

Quote Originally Posted by BethAnn38 View Post
    Does anyone know if we're going to have to fill out two separate authorization forms- one for my husband who is a Jamaican Citizen with a Jamaican passport, and one for me and the girls who are US Citizens? Or, will they require additional information if we put all 4 of us on the same form? I heard the requirements for citizens are different from tourists- but if he's staying in the resilient corridor than I'm not sure. And no, I'm not freaking out about it- just want to prepare ourselves for August! BA
    Currently, Travel Authorization is required individually not per family...but read the link below...and if your questioned isn't answered...please contact them directly. They're very good about responding. Please remember this information is only good until June 30th.
    https://www.visitjamaica.com/travelauthorization/tas/

User Info Menu

Hi i did contact them and they confirmed one per family- but they are classifying travelers as residents and non-residents- so I'm assuming he's not considered a resident? Sorry if that's an obvious question. I'm just a bit confused. Does he fill out the Resident application or the non-resident application since he is still a Jamaican Citizen and not US?

User Info Menu

Nevermind i got my answer lol. Sorry i didn't realize they were that responsive! Hope you guys are well!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BethAnn38 View Post
    Hi i did contact them and they confirmed one per family- but they are classifying travelers as residents and non-residents- so I'm assuming he's not considered a resident? Sorry if that's an obvious question. I'm just a bit confused. Does he fill out the Resident application or the non-resident application since he is still a Jamaican Citizen and not US?
    Miss BethAnn...it truly would be best for you to clarify the information at Visit Jamaica.com. I don't want to mess up your travel. And again, please remember this could all change after June 30th.

User Info Menu

Yup sorry about that! I jumped the gun. Just couldn't resist talking with Ya'll :-)

User Info Menu

No worries...nothing better than the excitement of getting down here!

User Info Menu

oh and he fills out the non-resident form and can stay in the resilient corridor as a tourist in case anyone was wondering lol.