Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rum Cream quistion

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Rum Cream quistion

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyc View Post
    i once had 12 bottles of cream and 2 bottles or rum. The customs officer said "what else?!" i cringed and said "a tee shirt." he just shook his head and waived me through. I'm glad i was honest.
    lol!!!!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Ultimately, it is up to the TSA agent. I saw Rum Cream routinely confiscated and I saw some dark rums being confiscated. My only experiences are thru Atlanta. At one time, the tamper evident bags at Sangsters had some black bars along the bottoms....those were rejected too.

We no longer purchase at Duty Free in Montego Bay. We purchase on island and pack it in our checked bags.
    Last edited by jamaicajeanne; 07-07-2021 at 04:50 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jamaicajeanne View Post
    Ultimately, it is up to the TSA agent. I saw Rum Cream routinely confiscated and I saw some dark rums being confiscated. My only experiences are thru Atlanta. At one time, the tamper evident bags at Sangsters had some black bars along the bottoms....those were rejected too.
    Seems the agents weren't trained in Atlanta maybe...idk.
    Like you said...it's up to the TSA person. They took my sea salt last time...don't get me started...lol.

User Info Menu

Salt?? Seriously???
    Since we pack our in check bags, I just patiently stand in the TSA line in Atlanta and watch folks try to argue. .

Speaking of TSA in Atlanta....last fall, I forgot a snack bar in the bottom of my personal bag....I was the lucky one that time having all of my "stuff" removed from my bag and inspected, LOL!!

User Info Menu

We're talking about 2 different things here, Security and Customs. Security only cares about safety, customs may want taxes due.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    lol!!!!
    If you like that one, you should've seen the 25 lbs of coffee I brought back from the DR in my carry on. The entire plane smelled like Starbucks! My wife "loves" traveling with me.

User Info Menu

We did the same John, only from Costa Rica.
    Formerly SmokeySteve...but i lost my password.

User Info Menu

"We're talking about 2 different things here, Security and Customs. Security only cares about safety, customs may want taxes due."

Agreed! Declare at customs, but ultimately it is going to be up to that specific TSA agent and I have personally witnessed the confiscations at TSA in Atlanta multiple times.

User Info Menu

Here’s the Canadian scope. You are only allowed one litre returning to Canada. The connecting flight IN Canada,after customs, is the problem. Sometimes the luggage goes on through and we can’t get the duty free in a piece checked luggage.
    So I go down to the China Man and buy the equivalent of 1L in those little tiny Mickie’s and put them in my checked luggage. They make great gifts and easy to pack going to the camp and going to hotels, etc. And it is the same amount as a 1L, I just redistribute it in my luggage better. Doesn’t work out to be any more expensive than duty free.

User Info Menu

I wonder what we'd find in the liquor cabinets at the Atalnta TSA agents' homes. I bet lots of rum cream. (Trying to start a conspiracy theory.)
    Last edited by Johio; 07-14-2021 at 07:10 AM.
    Johio