Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Quick Beach Question

User Info Menu

Quick Beach Question

Is Idle Awhile to Country Country walkable via the beach, vs. the norman manley blvd? I think the answer is yes, but just want to confirm. If i remember correctly it's not that far of a distance. Just trying to avoid having the girls walk outside with masks on as much as possible, and Rob said you don't have to wear one on the beach.

FYI- although i know TONS about the cliffs and the hills, we never used to stay on the beach much. Now with kids, it's a different story.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Quick Beach Question

Quote Originally Posted by BethAnn38 View Post
    Is Idle Awhile to Country Country walkable via the beach, vs. the norman manley blvd? I think the answer is yes, but just want to confirm. If i remember correctly it's not that far of a distance. Just trying to avoid having the girls walk outside with masks on as much as possible, and Rob said you don't have to wear one on the beach.

FYI- although i know TONS about the cliffs and the hills, we never used to stay on the beach much. Now with kids, it's a different story.
    BethAnn,

The distance is exactly the same, but much more fun on the beach....

Sand walking is a little more taxing so if you are bringing the kids, you might need to carry one a short distance.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Rob, Omar is asking how long of a walk it is like time wise? 10 minutes? Maybe easier to get a ride? I’m sure the hotel can arrange.

Administrator

User Info Menu

A ride would be a total waste unless it is a hurricane storm.... Lisa says a 10 minute walk...
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    A ride would be a total waste unless it is a hurricane storm.... Lisa says a 10 minute walk...
    They are 5-6 properties apart. 2-4 minute walk. Lisa needs 10 minutes for an extra beer stop!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Irie John View Post
    They are 5-6 properties apart. 2-4 minute walk. Lisa needs 10 minutes for an extra beer stop!
    Ha! You know me so well!