Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red Snapper

User Info Menu

Red Snapper

Hello Boardies,
    Please list your favourite restaurants that serve whole red snapper, or any whole ocean fish.

Thank-you
    Ms Meow

User Info Menu

I don't eat here much, but when I do, I get whole fish at Maragaritaville. I think it's 15 bucks or so.I'm not sure it's snapper, but check it out. It's one of the better fish dishes I've had down there.

User Info Menu

The whole grilled snapper @ Salt and Peppa, across from Tenseng Pen, Was great, plus the place was spanky clean. Peppa was a whirl wind. Cooking, serving, bartending, and being a great hostess. Had a beer and a smoke with her after dinner. Ahh good times...... good times.

User Info Menu

Miss Madge serves up the BEST Red Snapper I have ever had. Its on the property of Donaldsons Inn - right across the street from Ossies Jerk Center.

User Info Menu

I have had some great Fish dinners at Sunset After Dark (across from Negril Hardware on West End Rd.). Including Snapper & a Kingfish steak almost as big as the plate !! Chef Patrick cooks it any way you like - I had mine steamed with Veggies and he included Mashed potatos which are a sweet change from rice & beans. Check him out !

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gluecipher View Post
    Miss Madge serves up the BEST Red Snapper I have ever had. Its on the property of Donaldsons Inn - right across the street from Ossies Jerk Center.
    Agree with above - anything Miss Madge cooks is great - and her little restaurant has great atmosphere!

Another favourite for whole fish is Coconuts International on the beach (close to BarBBarn).

User Info Menu

Its a little rustic, but the best I had was at Bentlys Crab Shack.

Dinner consisted of 2 large snapper, calahoo, rice, ackee, green beans.
    More than i could eat....requires advance reservation, so he can get all
    ingredients fresh.

User Info Menu

Chill Awhile @ Idle Awhile.

User Info Menu

sips and bites had fantastic escovitch snapper, yum! Also have had great fish at Juicy Js

User Info Menu

Red Snapper

Thank-you all. I will surely try them out.