I'm new at writing Trip Reports, but I'll do my best.
It has been (7) years since last visit. My wife and I are both retired and then had health problems. We finally planed a 2020 Trip but then Covid, etc. This visit was planned in Feb. 2021, for late June, early July.
Our relationship with Jamaica began in the early 90's, as I was sent to train employees at a Bauxite Plant in Manchester. These were annual visits which led to spending R and R time in Negril, as well as developing a relationship with the people of Mandeville, Manchester, St. Elizabeth, Treasure Beach and Negril.
We spent (5) days at Idle Awhile IA (Beach) and (5) days at Rockhouse(RH). We arrived on Thursday, and once we touched down (on time) there were no gates available for our Plane. After (35) minutes waiting, we finally were able to exit Plane. We had booked Club Mobay, but while it was nice to get the VIP treatment, we probably won't use that service again.
Linston (Zion Hill Taxi) picked us up, stopped by ATM and HI LO in Mobay, then headed to Negril. Rain and traffic in Lucea was HEAVY!

Our stay at IA was fantastic. I've lost count of our stays there, but we're always treated like family. They were at full capacity, but it didn't affect the level of service. Meals were excellent. I am on a "restricted" diet and the Chefs acommadated every special request. A special shout out to Chefs Fitzroy and Keita, Carlton (Needle), Odane (lifeguard), Roy and Iley (Grounds Maint.) It seemed as though the properties between IA and BarnBBarn were either closed or nearly empty. Norman came by every day with patties about 1:00 pm and enjoyed chatting with him, patties were delicious.
While at IA, we ate most meals at their restaurant, but also ate at Best in West and Vinnies. Both were excellent.

Our stay at RH was also fantastic! We were able to get our favorite Villa and were welcomed by Front Desk and Management. They were at full capacity as they were hosting a Wedding. We had most meals at our Villa from the restaurant and they were all delicious. We had a couple tasty meals from Sips/Bites next door and the Grocery store next to Sips/Bites was a daily stop for snacks, beer, etc.

We dined out on the Cliffs twice. The first meal we were celebrating wife's birthday at LTU. It's always been our favorite Dinner spot. We were the only ones there. The "view" is still the best, but the meal was very disappointing. We both got the "grilled" Redfish and didn't finish. We dined at Swordfish for the first time. We were the only one's there. We both had the Lobster and it was delicious. Patsy's next door was yummy for dessert.

We saw boatloads of tourists on the "All-inclusive" Catamarans and Boats every night heading to Ricks and the Cave at Push Cart. The local opinion is that the All Inclusives are full, but they don't get out much to local bars/restaurants, so it's still very slow for them.

Last, but not least, I would like to acknowledge the job that Fr. Jim and staff do at St. Anthony's Kitchen. I was able to spend time with them, and they are presently feeding about (200) people on a daily basis. If you able to volunteer or help in any way, please do so. They work hard to prepare and distribute meals to those who need it most.

I've covered everything that I can think of, but probably am forgetting something or someone. We are caring for our grandkids this week, while our son and daughter in law are in Negril!