Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Mobay to Negril, where to eat?

User Info Menu

Mobay to Negril, where to eat?

Sorry for asking this again but, ya know, stuff changes. I need some recommendations for grub on the Mobay to Negril ride. I'm always good with making a bee-line for Negril with a Red Stripe in hand. Get to the beach and eat anywhere. Some of the folks in our group want to eat immediately.

User Info Menu

Re: Mobay to Negril, where to eat?

It may not be directly en route, but my favorite place to eat in Mobay is Scotchie's.

User Info Menu

Also...Pork Pit on the Hip Strip...Jerkys Bar & Grill next to Fairview Mall/Texaco gas station...Biggas is still near Green Island (if group is large...call ahead).

User Info Menu

I second the Scotchie"s idea but it is about 10 minutes drive in the other direction. Jerky's is also a good call to grab and run, but here are a few ideas if you want to stop and eat. Hopewell is about 10 minutes out of MoBay and after you get out of the congested area, on the right hand side is a restaurant called Sky Beach. It's very nice, clean and modern washrooms. As you start back on the road towards Negril, right across the street is a Rubis gas station with the coldest Red Stripe. Number two would be Water Front Restaurant and Jerk Centre, just on the Negril side of Sandy Bay. It's another nice stop and right on the water front (in that cove where that grey barge is parked). And number three would be Pepe Mountee on the Negril side of Lucea. It's nice too. Last time I was there the music was so loud you couldn't have any conversation but they turned it down when asked. Just a few idea's if you wanted to get off the beaten path (but stay on the beaten path). If you really want to get off the beaten path then take to back road to Negril and stop at Border Jerk.

User Info Menu

I like Scotchies a lil better but the Pork Pit is definitely more on the way (since it's on the lower road out of the airport south towards Negril) and pretty good in it's own right (gotta try the spicy shrimp!!)

User Info Menu

Pork Pit for sure, easy location, nice outdoor seating, your crew should enjoy it.
    Free Vybz Kartel