Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Legends/ samsara.

User Info Menu

Legends/ samsara.

Has anyone stayed in either of these places..I have read so many mixed reviews..Thanks Amy

User Info Menu

Re: Legends/ samsara.

We stayed at legends over spring break when we couldn't get into our spot of choice. It was ok, nothing fancy, but we don't need anything fancy. We went with their AI option. It was a buffet every day. It wasn't a break the bank so we didn't feel guilty eating at other places. They have a shuttle that will take you to Samsara for the day if you want to spend it on the cliffs. We did that and it was great to get a different perspective. The water was too rough the day we were there to get out in the ocean. If you go talk to Mike at legends (if he is still there) and he will hook you up with an umbrella.
    [/url]

Sometimes it's better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission.

User Info Menu

thats a beach umbrella...btw..they don't have any other shade there if you need any.

[/url]

Sometimes it's better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission.

User Info Menu

I have stayed at both, and would stay at either again. If you do go with the all inclusive package, the food is pretty good, but not a big variety.. They have a good drink menu though, with lots of choices. And like the previous poster added, the price is reasonable, so if you do want to eat elsewhere a few times during your stay you're not losing out on a lot of cash. Rooms are basic but clean, staff was always smiling and friendly. Legends is in a good location on the beach, bars, restaurants, and entertainment close by, at least pre-pandemic. Samsara is quieter and a bit more isolated up on the cliffs, good snorkeling right off the property.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 68Stang View Post
    We stayed at legends over spring break when we couldn't get into our spot of choice. It was ok, nothing fancy, but we don't need anything fancy. We went with their AI option. It was a buffet every day. It wasn't a break the bank so we didn't feel guilty eating at other places. They have a shuttle that will take you to Samsara for the day if you want to spend it on the cliffs. We did that and it was great to get a different perspective. The water was too rough the day we were there to get out in the ocean. If you go talk to Mike at legends (if he is still there) and he will hook you up with an umbrella.
    the price is right...
    say high to MIKE 5*****

User Info Menu

They've recently added more rooms & completed major upgrades to the Samsara portion of their properties.

User Info Menu

We have stayed at Samsara twice . Michael on the beach at Legends is the best.

User Info Menu

We started out staying at Legends but moved to SamSara. Legends pool was not very nice stuck between two buildings. The food was ok at both places. Not a lot to choose from but I didn't go hungry. I didn't think I would like being on the cliffs away from the beach but was really surprised. Total rest and relaxation. If you need a beach fix take the shuttle down to Legends and spend the day. I wouldn't take anyone there for their first time to Jamaica. Its just too laid back which was fine with me. I'd go back again. My hard partying days are behind me.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    They've recently added more rooms & completed major upgrades to the Samsara portion of their properties.
    Barb can you go over the major upgrades to Samsara ? Stayed there a few times and was thinking if they made those it would make me consider a future stay so glad to hear they did so any info is appreciated thanks !
    [https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]