Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Visiting Orange Hill

User Info Menu

Visiting Orange Hill

Apparently we are allowed to visit our family in Orange Hill after all if we take Covid approved transportation from idle awhile and are back before curfew. Just had a long conversation with the hotel manager. So happy to hear this. We are fully vaccinated and will wear masks if necessary even though I don’t agree with it. But that’s a different conversation. And I understand things may change on August 10th and hopefully not for the stricter! Trying to confirm this information btw but I believe Orange Hill is within the corridor.

User Info Menu

Re: Visiting Orange Hill

As a follow up we received some conflicting information from Visit Jamaica which didn't appear to answer our question directly- since the home is not considered a Covid approved attraction we may not be able to visit afterall even if we remain outside. Idle Awhile did indicate the family could come visit the hotel and wouldn't have to purchase day passes. Bummer if we can't visit but got to follow the rules. I think we will still enjoy our trip despite the restrictions.

User Info Menu

That's the answer that Rob gave some time ago.
    The information on VisitJamaica.com isn't conflicting...it's accurate. 👍

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    That's the answer that Rob gave some time ago.
    The information on VisitJamaica.com isn't conflicting...it's accurate. ��
    We’ll then the employees aren’t informed of protocols because we were told differently. Like I said we will follow protocols.

Administrator

User Info Menu

The average employee is generally aware of the protocols that effect them and their jobs, which makes sense.

To expect that they would know the entire contents of the current 77 page Disaster Risk Management document along with some 10 additional pages of amendments is a little unrealistic.

We read it because it is part of our job as do the folks at Visitjamaica.com... otherwise known as the Jamaica Tourist Board.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

Administrator

User Info Menu

And of course, see you SOON!!!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    And of course, see you SOON!!!
    Thanks Rob! Everything will be fine. Deep breaths lol. Can’t wait to come!