Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Dream Weekend Begins - morning report August 5

Administrator

User Info Menu

Dream Weekend Begins - morning report August 5

Dream Weekend has officially started. We checked out the beach road at about 10:30am and traffic seemed just a little heavier than usual, but nothing difficult. The estimated attendance should be about 3,000 party goers, each having to show proof of full vaccination or a Covid negative test before they are able to purchase tickets to the events. Ministry of Health officials are there to monitor the process.

The Celebrity Playground is the first event at Wavz from noon to 7pm. This should determine how the rest of the events will play out. Social distancing in a crowd is unrealistic and my guess is that mask wearing will be at a minimum. We will have to see what happens today to get a better idea.

Vendors are allowed to be set up outside the venues and they are already out in full force. There is a fear among the locals that there will be little to no benefit from the Dream crowd purchasing outside the venues. Official shuttles will take patron to and from the venues so walking should be kept to a minimum.

This will be an interesting weekend, curfew on Friday and Sunday is 3pm, with the parties starting as early as 6am and running until 2pm.This has everyone curious as to what will happen at 2pm....

More to come!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Re: Dream Weekend Begins - morning report August 5

Thanks Rob! I was so curious. I can't imaging partying at 6am lol, but then again I'm really old :-)

User Info Menu

Keeping my fingers crossed that everyone is vaxed, all goes well and this doesn't become a spreader event. Any spike in cases would take 10-15 days to become obvious and that's about the time my wife and I are due to arrive. Jamaica has done a much better job so far to contain the virus than our state of Louisiana. I follow the numbers everyday and JA is far better off on a per capita basis. I just hope everyone stays safe and healthy and this becomes a successful model for more reopening.

Administrator

User Info Menu

The afternoon rain limited much contact between the Dreamers and the locals.... Lisa has pics coming shortly....
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!