Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: We have been encouraged to continue...

Administrator

User Info Menu

We have been encouraged to continue...

Yesterday we spoke with some wonderfully generous folks who have been multiple contributors and donators to our small business project. They arrived last week and visited many of the businesses that you all have been helping to support.

They were adamant that the business struggles are not over yet and encouraged us to keep the contribution and donation project going for as long as necessary. At most places they stopped, they were the only customers that the business had that day. It was heartbreaking to them and suggested that we keep the project going, and even made the suggestion that in addition to helpful contributions, the complimentary t-shirts could make the perfect Christmas gift!

Even though the official ending date had passed, we still have had some contributions and donations trickle in. So now we want to encourage you to dig deep and truly help your friends in Negril!

Thank you Weathermon and Mi Lady for the encouragement!

To help with your contributions, visit the Negril Store at https://negrilstore.com
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Re: We have been encouraged to continue...

Rob,
    I already have a couple of tee's, but I'm missing Negril badly and can't get there anytime soon. How about sending a little Negril to me? I'd pay a decent wage for some Negril sand I could put between my toes. I'd gladly donate $100 for a cup of Negril sand. Can you make that happen?

User Info Menu

Still waiting for my shirt to arrive. I guess the timing of my order put it into this past Monday's print run. It'll be a nice surprise when it does arrive. I did receive a heartfelt email from Fr. Jim though. He needn't have taken the time, but it was nice to hear from him.
    Johio

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JohnNYC View Post
    Rob,
    I already have a couple of tee's, but I'm missing Negril badly and can't get there anytime soon. How about sending a little Negril to me? I'd pay a decent wage for some Negril sand I could put between my toes. I'd gladly donate $100 for a cup of Negril sand. Can you make that happen?
    John,

I wish I could for everyone who misses Negril, but the sand is here awaiting your arrival!

Thanks for your support man!

Rob

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Johio View Post
    Still waiting for my shirt to arrive. I guess the timing of my order put it into this past Monday's print run. It'll be a nice surprise when it does arrive. I did receive a heartfelt email from Fr. Jim though. He needn't have taken the time, but it was nice to hear from him.
    Johio,

The order was just placed earlier this week for the latest printing. Deliveries will begin soon!

Thank you also for your support!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Yesterday we spoke with some wonderfully generous folks who have been multiple contributors and donators to our small business project. They arrived last week and visited many of the businesses that you all have been helping to support.

They were adamant that the business struggles are not over yet and encouraged us to keep the contribution and donation project going for as long as necessary. At most places they stopped, they were the only customers that the business had that day. It was heartbreaking to them and suggested that we keep the project going, and even made the suggestion that in addition to helpful contributions, the complimentary t-shirts could make the perfect Christmas gift!

Even though the official ending date had passed, we still have had some contributions and donations trickle in. So now we want to encourage you to dig deep and truly help your friends in Negril!

Thank you Weathermon and Mi Lady for the encouragement!

To help with your contributions, visit the Negril Store at https://negrilstore.com
    Thanks for the kind words, Rob, about our conversation with you and Lisa. We were only speaking from our hearts about the continuing plight of our small business community in Negril. We are back in Michigan now after a very quick 10 day reach. A lot of our activities while there involved just meeting up and chatting with our favorite Jamaicans that we have met over the past 30 years. Their experiences since Covid began were heartbreaking yet they always had that positive outlook. Even though it is worrisome how slow Negril is right now, all of them expressed the positive opinion that things will get better come high season, if they can keep things going until then.

If you can't come to the island right now; at least consider donating to this very worthy cause and help keep our business owners afloat.

User Info Menu

Rob, keep up the good work!

Finally had an opportunity to wear my t-shirt!
    Was invited to a Caribbean themed cookout and I heard the Chef was from Jamaica....
    This is Damian from Hanover Parish and he prepared an excellent meal with Jerk chicken, rice and peas, grilled plantations and shrimp.
    Name:  VVHT Shirt 08 28 2021.JPG
Views: 711
Size:  91.4 KB

Hope to be on the rock for a week in November.

Enjoy,

VVHT

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by VVHT View Post
    Rob, keep up the good work!

Finally had an opportunity to wear my t-shirt!
    Was invited to a Caribbean themed cookout and I heard the Chef was from Jamaica....
    This is Damian from Hanover Parish and he prepared an excellent meal with Jerk chicken, rice and peas, grilled plantations and shrimp.
    Name:  VVHT Shirt 08 28 2021.JPG
Views: 711
Size:  91.4 KB

Hope to be on the rock for a week in November.

Enjoy,

VVHT
    VVHT...you look so handsome. ��
    I think you know how much this means to the small business owners here...it truly makes a huge difference for them!

If you all can...please help the businesses stay afloat until we get this under control.
    Your contribution helps keep jobs, food on the table and bill payments under control.
    Thank you again to the incredible people that have already contributed❣️
    https://Negrilstore.com