Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about JA Customs Forms

User Info Menu

Re: Question about JA Customs Forms

Quote Originally Posted by Yardie View Post
    This is the link to the Customs/Immigration Form, needed in addition to the Travel Authorization documents. Once completed and submitted there is no option to print.

https://enterjamaica.com/
    Got it thank you. I just have two more to complete and then i think we're good to go. i think i made a mistake though and declared on both forms that we're carrying $400 in gifts when in fact only one of us is carrying that. Hoping that won't be an issue at the airport.

User Info Menu

I am assuming they are still handing out the forms on the plane before you land as well? Of course I can never find my pen to fill it out...

User Info Menu

We just returned from Jamaica 2 days ago. Before we left, I contacted Visit Jamaica and asked the question about the C5 Immigration form that we used to fill out. I was told that those don't need to be filled out as the information is the same as that contained in the Travel Authorization form. We did not complete the form and the airline we flew (Delta) did not distribute any to us. When we got to Sangster, there were workers handing out the C5 Immigration forms that were not distributed on the plane and that we did not need to complete. One of them told me that I needed to fill one of those forms out. I said no I don't and showed her my Travel Authorization form and she waived me forward. When we reached the Immigration Officer, we did not need to show either the negative Covid test form or the Travel Authorization as our passport apparently contained all the information necessary, nor did they ask for the C5 Immigration Form. Same at Customs.

In summary, our experience was that as long as you have completed the Travel Authorization form, have a negative Covid form, show these to the agent when you check in at your departure city, you do not need to fill out the C5 Immigration form.
    Last edited by Weathermon & Mi Lady; 08-09-2021 at 11:22 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fargoman View Post
    I am assuming they are still handing out the forms on the plane before you land as well? Of course I can never find my pen to fill it out...
    Never assume, Mi Friend.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Weathermon & Mi Lady View Post
    We just returned from Jamaica 2 days ago. Before we left, I contacted Visit Jamaica and asked the question about the C5 Immigration form that we used to fill out. I was told that those don't need to be filled out as the information is the same as that contained in the Travel Authorization form. We did not complete the form and the airline we flew (Delta) did not distribute any to us. When we got to Sangster, there were workers handing out the C5 Immigration forms that were not distributed on the plane and that we did not need to complete. One of them told me that I needed to fill one of those forms out. I said no I don't and showed her my Travel Authorization form and she waived me forward. When we reached the Immigration Officer, we did not need to show either the negative Covid test form or the Travel Authorization as our passport apparently contained all the information necessary, nor did they ask for the C5 Immigration Form. Same at Customs.

In summary, our experience was that as long as you have completed the Travel Authorization form, have a negative Covid form, show these to the agent when you check in at your departure city, you do not need to fill out the C5 Immigration form.
    This is what I thought! As I'm filling out each TA form (4 in total) it's asking me the exact same information as what's on the C5 Form. But just to be safe i filled out the C5 Forms too, except i still haven't filled out for the girls, which i was going to do.

Quick question for you, did you end up declaring anything? And if so, did you have to go to a different line? We booked with Club Mobay, so I'm hoping the Rep there can guide us through.

User Info Menu

Oh and i scheduled our appointments for the Rapid antigen tests at CVS, FYI @bnewb. Per comments here, I'm not expecting any difficulties. Soon come!!

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=BethAnn38;222253]This is what I thought! As I'm filling out each TA form (4 in total) it's asking me the exact same information as what's on the C5 Form. But just to be safe i filled out the C5 Forms too, except i still haven't filled out for the girls, which i was going to do.

We have never claimed anything so I don't know from first hand experience. But, I know they have different lines at Customs for those who have something to declare.

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Weathermon & Mi Lady;222255]
    Quote Originally Posted by BethAnn38 View Post
    This is what I thought! As I'm filling out each TA form (4 in total) it's asking me the exact same information as what's on the C5 Form. But just to be safe i filled out the C5 Forms too, except i still haven't filled out for the girls, which i was going to do.

We have never claimed anything so I don't know from first hand experience. But, I know they have different lines at Customs for those who have something to declare.
    Thanks, that's what i was afraid of. Omar is just bringing some games and sneakers and stuff for his friends there. Didn't want to lie and say we aren't bringing anything because last time they questioned him about at as most Jamaicans from overseas carry stuff with them.

User Info Menu

I filled out our forms online with the preauthorization thing. We had to fill out paper forms as well on the plane so I’m not sure what the point was. We flew AA.

Had a great trip. Enjoy yours.

Harb

User Info Menu

ok, i'll have my pen and flight, hotel information handy just in case we have to fill them out on the plane, which i somehow have the feeling we will. We're so excited to just collapse on the beach at this point :-)