Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about JA Customs Forms

User Info Menu

Question about JA Customs Forms

Good morning! Only 7 days left till we leave for Negril! So i just have a quick question about the customs forms that we used to have to fill out on the plane before landing at Mobay. Have these now been totally replaced by the online version? Because i just read a recent post where someone from the UK had to fill out the paper form. Club Mobay sent me a link to fill out the form online- Should i just print these out and bring with me just in case?

Anything else i should know? So we're getting our tests from Walgreens- PCR- so praying we get the results back in time and then I'll do the Travel Authorizations today. Also wondering if the AA Verify Fly App is any good or should i just bring paper versions of everything?

Sorry for the all the questions. On a side note, do they still serve alcohol in first class because I'm going to need it lol.

BA

User Info Menu

Re: Question about JA Customs Forms

Added question to yours BA, can you not do a Rapid antigen test for arrival into Jamaica. I know us Canadians need the PCR for coming back.

Sorry to hijack this.
    Puerto Vallarta Jan 1999, Punta Cana 02, Ocho Rios 04, Cuba Breezes Jibacoa Jan 06, Mayan GORM Dec 06, Cozumel Grand Cozumel Jan 08, Mayan Akumal Beach Resort Jan 09, Negril Couples Negril Dec 09, Mayan ABR Oct 10/12/13/15, Negril CSA Dec 10/11/12/13/15/16/17/18/19/20/21/22

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BethAnn38 View Post
    Good morning! Only 7 days left till we leave for Negril! So i just have a quick question about the customs forms that we used to have to fill out on the plane before landing at Mobay. Have these now been totally replaced by the online version? Because i just read a recent post where someone from the UK had to fill out the paper form. Club Mobay sent me a link to fill out the form online- Should i just print these out and bring with me just in case?

Anything else i should know? So we're getting our tests from Walgreens- PCR- so praying we get the results back in time and then I'll do the Travel Authorizations today. Also wondering if the AA Verify Fly App is any good or should i just bring paper versions of everything?

Sorry for the all the questions. On a side note, do they still serve alcohol in first class because I'm going to need it lol.

BA
    I'm old school & print most things out. I've also seen problems with immigration not finding the online version.

As an American...you don't need a PCR test to enter Jamaica or exit Jamaica back to the US...you only require the much less costly & quicker Antigen test.

User Info Menu

Thanks Lisa! So I'm a bit hesitant to take the rapid antigen test (even though it's accepted) because i heard American Airlines can be a pain in the but about it and i didn't want to risk being held up because an Agent isn't aware of the rules. That being said, i also don't want to risk not getting the results back in time- ugh, so therein lies my dilemma :-) I just can't wait to get through all this crap and sit on the beach with my girls with my rum punch or dirty banana!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BethAnn38 View Post
    Thanks Lisa! So I'm a bit hesitant to take the rapid antigen test (even though it's accepted) because i heard American Airlines can be a pain in the but about it and i didn't want to risk being held up because an Agent isn't aware of the rules. That being said, i also don't want to risk not getting the results back in time- ugh, so therein lies my dilemma :-) I just can't wait to get through all this crap and sit on the beach with my girls with my rum punch or dirty banana!
    I'm not sure why or how American Airlines would be a pain the butt about?!
    The airlines coming into Jamaica only require a negative Antigen or PCR test...don't bother taking the PCR test if you don't have (and you don't have to).
    PCR testing is way more costly & turn around time much, much longer...24-48 hours compared to 15 min. in most cases.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    I'm not sure why or how American Airlines would be a pain the butt about?!
    The airlines coming into Jamaica only require a negative Antigen or PCR test...don't bother taking the PCR test if you don't have (and you don't have to).
    PCR testing is way more costly & turn around time much, much longer...24-48 hours compared to 15 min. in most cases.
    Ok thank you. Do you know what I’ll do is I’ll print out the regulations on visitjamaica.com and highlight where they say antigen test just in case I get a difficult person. Thank you for your advice.

User Info Menu

BA, thanks for asking my questions for me. We're due to arrive Tues. 8/17 to LTU and hope to meet up there with you and other boardies who have said they will be in Negril during that time. I am so happy to get out of Louisiana for a couple of weeks and go someplace where they actually take the virus seriously.

User Info Menu

@yardie like wise, we’ll meet you at LTU! Here’s to some really strong rum punch lol.

So happy to say our travel authorization was accepted. Filling out custom forms now.

User Info Menu

So an interesting tidbit I discovered is that you actually fill out the Customs information at the same time you fill out the Authorization! And I think I may have complicated things by declaring 400 dollars in gifts that we are bringing down with us so that will mean extra wait time at the airport ugh!

User Info Menu

This is the link to the Customs/Immigration Form, needed in addition to the Travel Authorization documents. Once completed and submitted there is no option to print.

https://enterjamaica.com/
    When you help someone expect nothing in return and you will receive your reward ten times over.