Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Another way to answer...

User Info Menu

Re: Another way to answer...

Quote Originally Posted by Lax1724 View Post
    The whole world has lost sight of the fact that the mortality rate from Covid is much, much, much lower than was anticipated at the start, when we knew very little about the virus. In the US, the mortality rate is less than 1% but you would never know it. More people are dying from heart disease on a daily basis than Covid but, yet here we sit with the majority of people scared to death and leaders who don't seem interested in letting people know what is really happening. I'll be visiting from the states in December and I can't wait to get away from Dr. Fauci for a week.
    So help me out here. The population of the USA is about 331.5 million and 1% have died because of covid.....That's over 3 million, men, women, children, brothers, sisters, mom's, dad's and babies. Obviously no one close to you have died due to covid or you'd have a better understanding of what is going on in the world. My doctor told me the other day that a 32 year old completely health man has just being put on a life flight to our capital due to covid. He is not expected to recover, but if he does, he will need a heart transplant. That kinda hits home with me because he is married with 3 kids, but you don't know this guy so why would you care right!

Before you start tell us that the moon landing were fake too, please please cancel your stay in Negril and stay at home. Jamaica (and Negril) is struggling but I really don't need you sitting at the bar stool next to me tell me how covid is no big deal. If you want to help, stay at home and buy a support Negril tee shirt

User Info Menu

Well said brownsd54. LAX 1724, if our leaders "don't seem interested in letting people know what is really happening" why don't you enlighten us? BTW, I don't remember ever hearing a report about "heart disease" overrunning a single ER or hospital system let alone killing an otherwise healthy young person in a matter of days. Yet our hospitals here in New Orleans are overrun and it's certainly NOT by heart disease. You ARE right that in the beginning we knew very little about the virus but now we do. We also didn't have vaccines then. Now we have successful vaccines and we know that mask mitigations work. So, what's your point?

User Info Menu

Quick question , if the masks and vaccines and lockdowns are working so well , then why are we still at this point nearly 2 YEARS later? By the way I am vaccinated , pfizer , after a lengthy appt and conversation with my doctor, my choice but my employer was pretty pushy about the vaccines also. It's fine if you still believe the masks are an effective strategy, go ahead and wear it if it makes you feel comfortable , but why be so aggressive about it or to someone that might have a differing view point or just raises a question? It's to the point you can't have a different opinion without being chastised , name called , or censored. Information and knowledge are the best tools and then personal choices can be made more easily. Maybe just speak for yourself instead of projecting your fears on others but more importantly intruding on others beliefs or rights. It's been politicized to the point that millions no longer trust the message from the powers that be all over the world not just in the USA. Or to put it bluntly as many others seem to do , if you want to wear a mask cool do your thing but don't get in my face about it. You do you and I'll do me.

Administrator

User Info Menu

I want to step in for a moment.... is not every life equally important?

I am not taking sides because this pandemic infects random people, and that is truly scary.

But the ASS U ME seems to be taking over. How does anyone know that LAX hasn't known someone who died from Covid? That is a bad ASS UMPTION to make.

Billions, if not trillions have been spent fighting Covid. Over four million people have died. Every single death is tragic. Many preventable.

But as a sobering figure, according to United Nations, 10,000 children die of starvation every day. Every single day. That is over 6 million children who have died during the same time period from simply a lack of food. One million dollars would have saved millions of them, a billion would have saved them all.

I am 61 with underlying conditions. I care about everyone who has contracted Covid. But I am deeply disturbed and disgusted that the media never mentions that we could save more people than who have died from Covid with simple milk and rice. No need for a warp speed vaccine, just distributing milk and rice.

Food for thought....
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Rob-

I can only hope that you will not be asked to move from Negril now that you posted that! I am not a virus denier. I am fully vaccinated and wear a mask where and when required. EVERYONE knows someone that died of covid. It has killed over 600,000 people in the US out of 36,300,000 recorded cases. You can succumb to the fear mongering that is being shoved down our throats and live in fear or, you can actually follow the science that is out there for all to see and make informed decisions based on your own risk assessment. Of course, if you dare to say something out loud, the folks that have caved to the fear mongering will accuse you of all kinds of things. God forbid someone have a dissenting opinion in today's world. Speaking of Dr Fauci, did anyone hear the answer when he was asked if masks would have long term negative effects on children? His answer was, "we hope not." Thanks Dr Fauci, we all feel better now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lax1724 View Post
    Rob-

I can only hope that you will not be asked to move from Negril now that you posted that! I am not a virus denier. I am fully vaccinated and wear a mask where and when required. EVERYONE knows someone that died of covid. It has killed over 600,000 people in the US out of 36,300,000 recorded cases. You can succumb to the fear mongering that is being shoved down our throats and live in fear or, you can actually follow the science that is out there for all to see and make informed decisions based on your own risk assessment. Of course, if you dare to say something out loud, the folks that have caved to the fear mongering will accuse you of all kinds of things. God forbid someone have a dissenting opinion in today's world. Speaking of Dr Fauci, did anyone hear the answer when he was asked if masks would have long term negative effects on children? His answer was, "we hope not." Thanks Dr Fauci, we all feel better now.
    Omg I know.! For developmentally delayed children especially it is debilitating. I feel so bad for my children but like you i comply. I think unless you have small children it’s hard to understand. I have worked with my 4 year old for more than a year to get her adapted to mask wearing. She’s a pro now but I’m worried that at some point she’ll get fed up and stop wearing it then all hell will break loose.

User Info Menu

Her first real haircut lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Info Menu

If Walter Cronkite were alive today, he wouldn't be happy with the evening news!
    The Fourth Estate (news/media) chases ever dwindling profits and not the truth.
    I'm located in west of Boston. The Greater Boston area has evolved into a major hub of Biosciences covering the full spectrum of Life Sciences.
    Moderna is just one of many dozens of companies doing business in the Bio arena.
    One of my clients with several advanced degrees in the Biosciences has said from the very beginning of the COVID Era, "It only takes this virus to mutate the wrong way once and we are all dead".
    The Delta variant is highly contagious, what if the next variant is just as transmittable, but even more deadly!!
    Get vaccinated and wear a mask, if not for you, do it for the children that haven't been vaccinated yet.

Rob, great idea with the fund raiser, I'm wearing my t-shirt at a Caribbean themed party I'm attending next week and I'll also be wearing a mask.
    The cook is from Jamaica, so I'm hoping for some pumpkin soup!!

Enjoy,

VVHT

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jambarney View Post
    my choice but my employer was pretty pushy about the vaccines.
    Jamb, I'm guessing Badnaz had to twist your arm!!!

All the best, until we cross paths again on da rock!

VVHT

User Info Menu

For all those complaining about children needing masks, hey, I'm with you. But I'd rather my child wear a mask than to get sick or even worse. He didn't want to wear seat belts, a bike helmet or life preserver at sea, but I made him wear those too. Tough love.