Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Another way to answer...

User Info Menu

Re: Another way to answer...

Fargoman, you nailed it brother.

User Info Menu

You are free to drink. You are not free to drink and drive.

User Info Menu

These are the facts:

In Jamaica, COVOD case counts are rising very rapidly, same as hospitalizations. Numbers are approaching 3rd wave numbers at a much faster rate than leading up to the third wave.

Testing positivity rates are crazy high.

Now facts, with some opinion mixed, or visa versa:

If numbers continue to rise, Jamaica may end up on UK’s red list, and direct flights may again be suspended from Canada (etc). Most on these forums would agree that this would be a TERRIBLE outcome.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ThePachenas View Post
    These are the facts:

In Jamaica, COVOD case counts are rising very rapidly, same as hospitalizations. Numbers are approaching 3rd wave numbers at a much faster rate than leading up to the third wave.

Testing positivity rates are crazy high.

Now facts, with some opinion mixed, or visa versa:

If numbers continue to rise, Jamaica may end up on UK’s red list, and direct flights may again be suspended from Canada (etc). Most on these forums would agree that this would be a TERRIBLE outcome.
    You are right about Covid cases going up here. I was talking to our house keeper who said things are getting bad but she also said more people are getting vaccinated now. In fact my in-laws just got vaccinated today.

Regarding businesses the vendors are desperate which I get. It’s pretty slow now. I’m trying to help out where I can. But the vibe is typical Jamaica. People enjoying themselves despite all the crap that is happening.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BethAnn38 View Post
    Seriously. Lax didn’t you know you can no longer have a civil discourse if opinions don’t mesh. You get called names and attacked by people who claim to embrace love and kindness. It’s a crock of crap. And sad.
    The funny (or sad) thing is that what set people off was when in my original post, I said that far fewer people have died than was expected. It's a math equation: 328,200,000 citizens and 623,000 have died (each one tragic and meaningful in their own right) and that equates to less than 1% ( .018%) of the population. We were told that number would be in the millions. I said nothing about vaccines or masks or political views. Like Rob, I am concerned about the people that are suffering and was just wondering out loud (something that used to be common place before social media came into our lives) if maybe the remedy is bigger than the problem. I suppose the argument could be made that masks and lockdowns prevented millions from dying but the critical thinking part of me has a hard time with that. This virus is relentless and deadly and a cloth mask is no match for it. It turns out that I can willingly wear a mask and still have that opinion based on science and there is plenty of science on both sides of that argument. It turns out that states with strict lockdowns had the same, if not worse numbers of cases than those that did not. You could make the argument based on science that the virus didn't care about lockdowns. I have decided to be brave and move forward with my trip, T-128 days and counting. I hope my t-shirt arrives in time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Thank you Lax for your contribution!
    To All...
    If you have the means, please considering helping our struggling small businesses - this isn't even close to over yet and this project is helping so many survive.
    Thank you kindly again to those that have already donated ❣️
    https://Negrilstore.com.