Home | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Hedo has the first hotel cluster...

  1. #1
    Administrator

    User Info Menu

    Hedo has the first hotel cluster...

    From the Gleaner:

    HOTEL CLUSTER
    Close to 50 COVID cases found at Hedonism II

    WESTERN BUREAU

    A cluster of COVID-19 cases numbering close to 50 within the last two weeks – the majority discovered in recent days – at the Hedonism II resort in Negril has triggered a wave of concern as health authorities seek to contain what could be an explosive situation.

    The state of affairs is unfolding as Jamaica’s public health sector wilts under pressure from high levels of COVID-19 admissions across the island amid a third wave of the deadly infection.

    Senior medical officer for the parish of Hanover, Dr Kaushal Singh, has admitted he is concerned about the situation.

    Noting that two senior public health inspectors and a nurse had been dispatched to the resort town to monitor and ensure compliance at the various hotels in the area, Singh could not confirm news reaching The Gleaner that at least one resort – which our news team has been able to identify the hotel as Hedonism II – has had several staff off the job as a result of the virus.

    Among the categories of staff confirmed with the virus are baretenders, entertainment and dining room staff as well as groundskeepers. Several test results are also said to be outstanding.

    Singh would also not speak about whether an outbreak at the resort could lead to temporary closure. Instead, he said, his team was ardently working towards securing due diligence among properties in the area.
    ‐----------------
    https://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/.../hotel-cluster
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

  2. #2
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: Hedo has the first hotel cluster...

    We were just talking yesterday about getting a day pass for Hedo while we are at CSA in two weeks. I guess that won't be happening.

  3. #3
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: Hedo has the first hotel cluster...

    Is that the only thing being transmitted at Hedo?

  4. #4
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: Hedo has the first hotel cluster...

    update on Hedo. https://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/...sputes-figures
    We have friend that were there in June and no one tested positive. We hope to be there in December.

  5. #5
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: Hedo has the first hotel cluster...

    Tourist dies of COVID

    https://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/...ist-dies-covid

    "Reports are that Davis was diagnosed with the virus approximately 10 days ago after a routine COVID-19 antigen test. She was placed in isolation at the Hedonism II hotel where was vacationing."

    Truly horrifying for everyone involved.

  6. #6
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: Hedo has the first hotel cluster...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kold Ass Mofo View Post
    Tourist dies of COVID

    https://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/...ist-dies-covid

    "Reports are that Davis was diagnosed with the virus approximately 10 days ago after a routine COVID-19 antigen test. She was placed in isolation at the Hedonism II hotel where was vacationing."

    Truly horrifying for everyone involved.
    More detailed timelines in this article.

    https://nationwideradiojm.com/covid-...fmK8I4QNkr9jyk

    Checked in Aug 11. 2 days later, fell ill.

    I don't think this case had anything to do with Hedo, but that's just me doing some simple math. Pre-trip testing isn't perfect. Rapid Antigen tests are even less so.

  7. #7
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: Hedo has the first hotel cluster...

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePachenas View Post
    More detailed timelines in this article.

    https://nationwideradiojm.com/covid-...fmK8I4QNkr9jyk

    Checked in Aug 11. 2 days later, fell ill.

    I don't think this case had anything to do with Hedo, but that's just me doing some simple math. Pre-trip testing isn't perfect. Rapid Antigen tests are even less so.
    I'm not saying her infection had anything to do with Hedo except that is where she was staying. If anything she may have passed it to staff and guests.

    From the CDC: People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus.

  8. #8
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: Hedo has the first hotel cluster...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kold Ass Mofo View Post
    I'm not saying her infection had anything to do with Hedo except that is where she was staying. If anything she may have passed it to staff and guests.
    Understood. I suppose it was the thread this was posted to.

    Agree that she may have passed it into staff and guests.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kold Ass Mofo View Post
    From the CDC: People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus.
    These incidents are bound to happen

    Each layer of mitigation (vaccines, testing, masks, distancing, etc) is not 100%. Each layer helps prevent some of the transmission — but until one of those layers is 100% there will be some transmission that get through.

    Testing up to 72 hours prior to travel means that it likely will not detect cases contracted from the time of test (and possibly an unknown number of days prior) to arriving in Jamaica. And that’s assuming that the tests is accurate.

    It’s a numbers game.

  9. #9
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: Hedo has the first hotel cluster...

    I don't understand the purpose of providing a negative Covid result on a sample taken three days before travel. That test is nothing but a snapshot in time. Anytime after that test was performed a person can catch Covid and be positive, with or without symptoms. We are still planning our December trip and will obey all the rules. We are fully vaccinated and hope to get the booster in November.

  10. #10
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: Hedo has the first hotel cluster...

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnNYC View Post
    Is that the only thing being transmitted at Hedo?
    HAHA! I was thinking the same thing!
    are people surprised that there was a cluster of this hotel????
    Deanna (aka DeeDee from NY)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •