Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Lockdown

User Info Menu

Lockdown

quite a few people were at ltu cliff yesterday leading up to 8pm curfew. we even ran into Rob who was leaving as we came in from our foraging (skylark and hi-lo) about 3:30. Later the place was active with dinner people and local friends wanting drinks and conversation before 8pm. right on queue the electric went out at 7:30. Luca soon fired up the generator and at 8 you were either in out as the gate closed. it was curfew-ish time. lights were back on in about 8.30. i thought it was the gov’t at the switch but Luca said probably someone drove into a light pole.
    today started lockdown and it is very quite save the rare vehicle every 10-20 minutes. kitchen is still open to us and we are able to cross and sit on the cliff to eat. as lockdowns go, this is not bad.

User Info Menu

Re: Lockdown

ill betchu red ground is still hoping

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by original spanky View Post
    ill betchu red ground is still hoping
    Nope, all bars are shuttered.

The fine is just too high for anyone to risk.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

guess you are correct Rob. the Negril jail is not a pleasant place

User Info Menu

Ol’Yardie here. I will be in deeper lockdown tonight. Saints are on Mon. night football on ESPNI at 7pm. thanks to Flow for getting our cable back up and running.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nola2negril View Post
    ol’yardie here. I will be in deeper lockdown tonight. Saints are on mon. Night football on espni at 7pm. Thanks to flow for getting our cable back up and running.
    lmao!

User Info Menu

We are not enjoying this lockdown at all. Feeling really isolated and we’re going a bit stir crazy here. Hubs is really upset.

User Info Menu

BethAnn, you have certainly had a trip of challenges. Westender can feel isolated in the best of times. People choose it for that isolation. Will you have any time after the lockdown to get out a bit and maybe walk the beach again?? I hope overall it’s been a good trip for the family.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rumlover View Post
    BethAnn, you have certainly had a trip of challenges. Westender can feel isolated in the best of times. People choose it for that isolation. Will you have any time after the lockdown to get out a bit and maybe walk the beach again?? I hope overall it’s been a good trip for the family.
    To be totally honest I did this for Omar and because I love his family. I probably don’t share the passion that the rest of you have for Jamaica because I have had such a love hate relationship with the country. But I feel so tied to it for many reasons. But to answer your question yes we were able to enjoy ourselves. But I would have wished that the girls got to spend more time with their grandparents. They didn’t even see their grandmother. The lockdown did not do us any favors to put it nicely. We feel like it was a cruel thing to do. Not for us but for the people.