Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lock down trip report

User Info Menu

Lock down trip report

Here now, at Tree House. It’s kind of busy here. There’s a large group of local tourists and a few other couples.

Beach was quiet but beautiful this morning.
    Pouring rain now.

Bummed that I won’t be able to enjoy all that I typically look forward to; Norman’s pattys, deans pork, fresh juice, and all the wonderful small restaurants.

Many thanks to Maureen and Nitro Any Likkle Ting for braving the crazy stores and doing a last minute shop for us yesterday! 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 We were able to get all the lock down necessities.

Professional and prompt. Great communication. Most people here already know that though.

Stay safe! Name:  E08DAA6B-D84E-4361-9EB4-16AEA7F7659D.jpeg
Views: 975
Size:  872.6 KB

User Info Menu

Re: Lock down trip report

Thanks for the report! Beautiful photo! We arrive tomorrow and are looking forward to being on that beach.

User Info Menu

We’re here at Westender now and it’s super busy. Mostly Jamaicans. Spending most of the time at the pool. Wish we could have gone to Catcha. Really bummed about the lockdown actually and our family and friends are pissed.?so our next few days are confined here. Except to get our Covid tests.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BethAnn38 View Post
    We’re here at Westender now and it’s super busy. Mostly Jamaicans. Spending most of the time at the pool. Wish we could have gone to Catcha. Really bummed about the lockdown actually and our family and friends are pissed.?so our next few days are confined here. Except to get our Covid tests.
    "Pissed" is an understatement for this illogical lockdown!!
    It's going to destroy a lot of our small businesses here...and the Government sure in the heck isn't providing any subsidies here! 😡

User Info Menu

And, please dont think I don't care about people's lives/health...
    the illogical part I'm referring, is the jammed packed stores (groceries, pharmacies) the day before lockdown and the backtracking on being allowed to attend Sunday church services (which is now allowed).

User Info Menu

Well said Bnewb...all one can ask for is consistency in the logic and reasoning and when it isn't there...it is pretty frustrating I am sure to say the least..

User Info Menu

We’re almost out of diapers and nowhere to get them. They should at least have pharmacies open. What I don’t understand is the PM let Dream Weekend go on but then it’s like he’s punishing the people with an extended lockdown. I am all for safety but this makes no sense to me and is hurting the people.

User Info Menu

Beth Ann, why did you switch from cATCHA TO Westender? assume there are a lot of jAMAICAN AT THE HOTELS CAUSE THEY FIGURED IF THEY WERE GOIUNG TO BE LOCKDOWN MAY AS WELL DO IT IN A GOOD SPOT (sorry for there caps)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by original spanky View Post
    Beth Ann, why did you switch from cATCHA TO Westender? assume there are a lot of jAMAICAN AT THE HOTELS CAUSE THEY FIGURED IF THEY WERE GOIUNG TO BE LOCKDOWN MAY AS WELL DO IT IN A GOOD SPOT (sorry for there caps)
    Hey! Westender is closer to Omar’s family so it’s easier for them to visit. Beautiful story, met a lovely family from Montego Bay. The girls were invited to their daughter’s birthday party. It was lovely. Made me realize that kids are all about friendship and having fun. They held hands the whole time. Wish we could all be like that.

User Info Menu

happy you are having a good time. is your daughter feeling better ?