Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ganja around my children

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Ganja around my children

Am I crazy to think this is wrong? I asked a Rasta to move away and seems like him vex. It’s all around them right now. The only option is to bring them back to the room. I would think this would be common sense but it’s the culture. Although our cousins respect the kids. Sorry just venting. BA

User Info Menu

Re: Ganja around my children

Ignorant Ras.
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BethAnn38 View Post
    Am I crazy to think this is wrong? I asked a Rasta to move away and seems like him vex. It’s all around them right now. The only option is to bring them back to the room. I would think this would be common sense but it’s the culture. Although our cousins respect the kids. Sorry just venting. BA
    Rasta is about respect...it's not "culture" to be rude. He showed you & your children no respect at all.
    I'd guess he's not really Rasta as I've never known any true Rastas to behave that way.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BethAnn38 View Post
    I don't think you're crazy, just overly sensitive perhaps. In Negril, some people smoke Ganja. Use it as a teaching method to open a conversation with your children about Ganja and that open line of communication will benefit you/them when you need to further discuss other things they will be exposed to in life. Otherwise, you should ask the dude guzzling a beer to move away as well. My kids are now 13. They were exposed to the smell of Ganja in Negril at a very early age. That allowed me to discuss it with them at an early age. Now years later, we can openly discuss the other things they will be exposed to in life with the appropriate emphasis of urgency that the topic requires. What sticks with them more than the smell and presence of Ganja from their early years was the tourist on the beach who was so sloppy drunk that he was falling in the ocean. That was a unique visual aide in discussing with them the effects of alcohol and certainly balanced out the glorification of it that they see in advertising on a daily basis.

Administrator

User Info Menu

If a smoker is so close that the exhaled smoke is in your proximity (face) then should the smoker have Covid, the infectious particles are in the smoke as well. A contact buzz that could turn deadly.

A person drinking does not pose the same health risks unless they are sitting too close. Plus there is absolutely no possibility of a contact buzz.

Exhaling smoke is an active action that projects further, just as talking loudly, yelling or singing. Smokers must take this into consideration.

A true Rasta would respect the rights of children and probably move on their own accord out that respect.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Well, I suppose it all depends upon how close Mr. Rasta was sitting when the incident occurred. No need to condemn the man as rude when that important bit of information is unclear.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vucko View Post
    Well, I suppose it all depends upon how close Mr. Rasta was sitting when the incident occurred. No need to condemn the man as rude when that important bit of information is unclear.
    He was right next to us.

User Info Menu

I totally agree with this comment

User Info Menu

Not all dreads are Rasta. And not all Rasta wear dreads. A real Rasta would show respect.
    Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. KJV Psalm 68:4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ras Walleye View Post
    Not all dreads are Rasta. And not all Rasta wear dreads. A real Rasta would show respect.
    Ras, you are right. I shouldn't have assumed. He wasn't the only one I had to ask either- i just thought it would be common sense. I suppose one could argue the detrimental affects of ganja smoke around children, but personally, i don't want mine exposed to it. No judgements to people who smoke it- just not around young children.