Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie Saying hello

User Info Menu

Newbie Saying hello

Hi everyone

i finally joined the message boards after lurking for about a year now. I planned my first trip to Jamiaca this past April with my sister and travelled around to Negril , Ochi, Kingston and Mobay as I wanted to see several parts of the country. I have grown up in Toronto with many Jamaican friends and I was so excited to finally get to experience the food, music, and overall expereince that I had heard so much about for many years. I had an incredible experience everywhere I went and it was even better then what I had expected. We travel by local transporation and met so many kind and wonderful people. Although I had a great time everywhere I went I could not get Negril out of my mind as I travelled around. I yearned to go back and at times really thought about doing so. When I returned home from that first trip I spent so much time talking about Negril that my friends said they needed to go back with me. Of course I had no arguments with this and went ahead with booking another trip but this time it would be just to Negril. I just returned Sunday from my second trip to Negril this year I was there with two friends from November 17th to 27th and got to celebrate my birthday there which was a dream come true. I would like to thank all of the boardies for all of their insight and helpful tips that made this past t so trip so incredible. I will also do my best to give a full trip report as soon as possible. So excited to be the newest member of this lovely boardie community.

User Info Menu

Hello and WELCOME!!
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Hi!! Welcome Lyric654!!
    Glad to hear you had a wonderful second trip to Negril in November! Best place in the world to celebrate a birthday!
    I took my first trip to Jamaica last April too and my second trip this November also!
    Looking forward to your trip report!
    Where did you stay?
    Last edited by Clarity; 11-29-2011 at 05:20 PM.
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

Awesome! I can't wait to read your report!
    Congrats on your second trip and welcome to the board, and also welcome to the club, Negrilaholics!!!!

User Info Menu

Thank you captaind, Clarity and marley9808 for the warm welcome. I stayed at Bar B Barn both trips to Negril but also had some amazing dinners in the westend as well.

User Info Menu

Ahh, Bar B Barn -- that's my spot. Great hotel.

User Info Menu

Me too I cant imagine staying anywhere else it's such a lovely place, and the staff are amazing. However when I was just there I heard a rumour that it may be for sale. Has anyone else heard this?

User Info Menu

Well, the matriarch of the family passed away, so could be ..... did you enjoy Angela's restaurant? they have amazing pasta!

User Info Menu

I went there when I was there in April and it was amazing. This trip it was really slow, they actually ran out of cheese for pizzas and I know Angela has started another restaurant in Mobay so it was kinda sad

User Info Menu

Cool Welcome

Welcome lyric, cant wait to read your report!