Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Negril rate of infection

User Info Menu

Negril rate of infection

I can see the rate of infection for Jamaica in the NY Times but does anyone know what it is for Negril or Westmoreland? I am guessing Kingston and Montego Bay must have a higher rate than Negril. Just looking for one more reason to go...

User Info Menu

Re: Negril rate of infection

Maybe you can find it here: https://jamcovid19.moh.gov.jm/

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NeilFaherty View Post
    Maybe you can find it here: https://jamcovid19.moh.gov.jm/
    Little confusing. The date say as of March 2021, which is outdated today is Labor Day usa Sept 2021. Yet the charts show from Sept 2021. If i read the charts right Covid cases is rising at what appears an alarming rate. Would be nice to see vaccination rates or other measures to contain the covid case rise.
    Death does not concern us., because as long as we exist, death is not here. And once it does come, we no longer exist.
    - Epicurus

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jah Bless View Post
    Little confusing. The date say as of March 2021, which is outdated today is Labor Day usa Sept 2021. Yet the charts show from Sept 2021. If i read the charts right Covid cases is rising at what appears an alarming rate. Would be nice to see vaccination rates or other measures to contain the covid case rise.
    Everything shows the same date... I just checked it and it is current as of today:

Last Updated On : 06-09-2021 06:03:50 PM

That is the the 6th day, of the 9th month in 2021... otherwise today.

And the Covid cases have been increasing to such an extent that we are in the second day of our third non-movement weekly sessions, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday. There is a fourth one planned next week.

The vaccination rate is also skyrocketing, we are over 600,000 vaccinated so far and there are supplies finally on the island to raise the number much higher.

Until the last few weeks, people who wanted the vaccine could not get it. There is still more demand than supply, but it is now more of a logistics issue than a supply problem.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    The vaccination rate is also skyrocketing
    I guess we have different definitions of “skyrocketing”.

I wouldn’t use that word YET, but the trend is a good one and I continue to be optimistic.

User Info Menu

glad to hear there are more vaccines available

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ThePachenas View Post
    I guess we have different definitions of “skyrocketing”.

I wouldn’t use that word YET, but the trend is a good one and I continue to be optimistic.
    This is my definition of skyrocketing...

Name:  Screenshot_20210907-071547_Chrome.jpg
Views: 1362
Size:  187.9 KB

Just under a 100% increase in a month...

Here is the graph of the infection rate for the last 30 days...

Name:  Screenshot_20210907-072658_Chrome.jpg
Views: 1366
Size:  222.7 KB

Well less than a 100% increase in a month.

If you consider it is correct to call well less than 100% increase skyrocketing, then logically wouldn't a higher increase be equally or even more skyrocketing?

Please note that the infection rate has actually been declining the last week while the vaccination rate is spiking now that the vaccine is available...

User Info Menu

With winter season approaching, lets hope the vaccination rate keeps on that pace. Having over 50% vaccinated looks not to far off at this rate.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fargoman View Post
    With winter season approaching, lets hope the vaccination rate keeps on that pace. Having over 50% vaccinated looks not to far off at this rate.
    I think we may get there very soon... if the promised and paid for vaccines arrive this month...

User Info Menu

ol’yardie here...we reached on 8/18 to LTU just as first lockdown was brewing. we planned to be here until 9/2, but ida changed everything. now SWA can’t get us back to new orleans until 9/12.

we’ve been through all three lockdowns so far and since our big-time frolic day’s are mostly behind us we mostly chill anyway. biggest thing is we can’t get places like sweet spice, ivan’s etc on those days. I must say the locals are doing what they can: sanitizer, temp check at hi-lo and every other door you care to walk through. most locals abide the rules,wear masks respect distancing. they are trying to take care of their guests and keep them safe. i have never felt unsafe and most of my local friends are vaxed or signed up for it. biggest hesitancy is among rasta and 7th day adventist’s.