Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: sure miss Jamaica

User Info Menu

sure miss Jamaica

We need a vacation back to Negril so bad but are waiting for the covid to end. Makes me wonder if that will ever happen with all the anti vaccine people out there. We personally know people who were affected badly with it. One friend and neighbor spent a couple months in the hospital and will have breathing problems the rest of his life. His wife died ,yet other people who knew them will not get vaccinated. It bogles my mind. All I can ask them is how many people are in the hospital because they took the vaccine compared to the people who did not. Its a shame that Jamaica can not get enough vaccines esp. since most Jamaicans want it. All the richer country's should be doing more to get all the poorer country's that cannot afford to vaccinate for all their population the help they need. Its scary as hell to think it could possibly mutate to something even worse. Sorry for rattling on but I am fed up with the anti V. crowd . The way things are going it looks like its going to be awhile before we can return to Negril.

User Info Menu

Re: sure miss Jamaica

me too!!!

User Info Menu

Totally agree with you, Shaggy!

User Info Menu

It's been two years for me

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Two years for me too Captaind. I will wait a bit longer.
    Irie Sue

User Info Menu

Sorry, I couldn't wait and snuck down last Nov (for a short week though) and will be back this Nov (as long as the flights are available). I took every precaution I could think of to be safe though. I think the Jamaicans will do their part in getting vaccinated and will be 50% or higher by this November.

User Info Menu

No point in me going home. Zion Hill is outside the resilience zone and I'd have to quarantine for two weeks without leaving the house. I could stay in Negril and go out for a few hours but I think it would be a bummer not to sleep in my own bed

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by captaind View Post
    No point in me going home. Zion Hill is outside the resilience zone and I'd have to quarantine for two weeks without leaving the house. I could stay in Negril and go out for a few hours but I think it would be a bummer not to sleep in my own bed

Cap
    Cap, my husband totally relates to you! So sad. He couldn’t even go to his family home. Luckily his Dad and sister were able to visit us at the resort. Girls bonded with their cousin. Made me happy.

User Info Menu

I snuck down for 5 days in Feb and heading back next week for 12; a far cry from every couple months for me. Manage the insanity, which I believe is here to stay. Or manage my sanity! I am an RN of 30 years, fully vaccinated, very careful with precautions and I am going!! I can certainly pick it up here in Phoenix as well as anywhere else. My opinion, only. I am l looking forward to seeing my Jam friends and contributing to the economy in whatever way I am able to.