Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Short trip report from Nov.18th-27th

User Info Menu

Short trip report from Nov.18th-27th

We were taking our 25 year old son and his 22 year old girl friend for there first trip to Negril so we knew our old stomping grounds were out(Hedo 2).Fun Holiday was our resort of choice on this trip as it was all inclusive for a non all inclusive cost.
    Flew out of Charlotte non-stop on the 18th at 9:40am and had a smooth flight that landed 20 minutes early.Won't bore you with to many details but after a short ride with Clives we were at the resort and the kids were super excited to see the beach.Hit the beach bar(you will see a trend here),and then the beach.Hung out by beach bar and then found out Aqua was just steps around the corner for us.That was a good night with some really awesome rum and some Red Stripes and some dancing back at our resort to the DJ.
    Saturday was a hangout by the beach and pool and bar for awhile and then walk towards the Westend.Having never been to Seastar we figured we would just walk while stopping for beers in a few spots,that stopped after our beers at Xtabi,it was time for a taxi!!! Taxi arrived at Seastar and we had a great a super time and at some point we left and headed back to Fun Holiday to finish the party on our patios until lights out .
    Sunday was a quiet day, (as quiet as can be with us),we hung out floating in the ocean and at the pool and just enjoyed chatting with our favorite bartenders Renee and Debbie.Finally got our fridge in the room this day so off to Shamrock with a beer break at Cafe Goa(the old Salinas) .Stocked up on Red Stripes and vodka and orange juice,some Pringles(just for the kids),and then back to Fun Holiday and then Aqua for our nightly shots of Diplomatica rum, such an awesome rum!!!
    Monday was the wife and i's trip to Hedo for a day and evening with long time friends and the kids hung by the pool and discovered Root Bamboo,thinking they are discovering way to much on their first trip.
    Tuesday we chilled by the pool,made another beer run and Aqua run and chatted with Rob a bit to get ready for the Bar crawl.The night ended partying on our own patios until 3ish,glad the resort was low occupancy!!! We did explain to management the next day,that someone was breaking into our rooms at night and partying while we were out and they understood.
    Wednesday was the start of the finish for the wife and i,we can not run forever with the kids.We took the bar crawl with Rob & Lisa and quite a few other people and we had way to much fun.I ended up having to show everyone how to properly board a bus without using the conventional step and without spilling a Red Stripe!!We ended the night at Canoe Bar and that back to try and catch the people partying at our patios.
    Thursday was Ladies night at the Jungle and they were getting in free,who the heck could pass that one up!!! We took out a glass bottom boat at 11am and went up to Booby Cay,not impressed with that trip but the kids wanted to do it so we made sure it was done.Relaxed for a few hours pool side and then got ready for the un-expected.Once in the Jungle we danced like crazy people(and we are really only a little crazy),had a super awesome time and realized we should not do that again when a taxi driver flagged us down friday to tell us he saw us dancing at the Jungle.(Way to many people getting to know us this trip).Left the Jungle late and finished the party on our patios at 5am.
    Friday was a walk to Burger king for a much needed lunch and then back to meet friends who we took to Canoe for dinner and then back to party with us with the resort DJ.After sending them off at 11pm we retired to our patios for a calm night of cocktails and tunes.
    Saturday was calmness by the pool and then beach and then another trip to Shamrock for one more night of happiness.We ordered Pizza in for dinner on the patios and it was simply amazing!! Had some cocktails and put the young ones girlfriend to bed and the off to Alfreds for some dancing until they closed.We promised ourselves we would be in bed by midnight and it worked well for the wife but Ryan and I could not give up until abou 3:30am,having shots with some other friends its hard to give up that last night.
    Early up to pack everything and get to the beach bar for a couple cocktails and a hard time saying goodbye to some great staff ,and then off to the airport for the much dreaded trip home.Margarittaville for one round of Red Stripe Lights and what used to be called Flaming Bob Marleys,and then a nice flight home again and into Charlotte almost 30 minutes early.
    Monday,Betty Ford Clinic for a quick coarse and the back to work on Tuesday.
    Sorry its so long but thats the run down,thanks to all the great people we met,Da Rev,Poolguy,Rob & Lisa and the many others who we did not remember your names but will always remember your friendship!!!

User Info Menu

Sounds like you guys had a great trip!! I am so excited to get back again...already started packing and we don't even leave till the 14th!! LOL And again, after many many trips, I still have packing issues!!! This is going to be our longest stay, so I am really struggling. We always connect through Charlotte , nice to hear flights are early or on time. Last trip, on our way home, our flight to WV was cancelled. However, US Airways did put us up at a nice place but a bit of a hassle. Hopefully, this year, all will go well. Thanks for taking time to post...reading reports is my survival to the countdown.

User Info Menu

Sounded like a fine trip to me also.
    So when ya coming back ?

User Info Menu

I hear Betty Ford sees a lot of negril addicts!! Thanks for sharing....

User Info Menu

Wow I am tired just reading your report !Glad you had a fun time
    farmer

User Info Menu

Now they know how to party! I saw them in action!
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

We will be back next year for trip #10,just have to get lots of rest for the next one!!

User Info Menu

Look in the dictionary under "Party Animal" - Bill's picture is there!! Great getting to know youse guys!
    The Earth is the Lord's and everything in it!

User Info Menu

LOL,thats funny Rev,great getting to know you guys also,we went to have fun and we accomplished that mission.Hope we see you again next year,have a great winter!!!

User Info Menu

you two always know how to have a good time.........and then some.......lol
    now if I can only find someone to share a good time with me in paradise like you two

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20