Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: current Antigen test availability in Negril

User Info Menu

current Antigen test availability in Negril

My third trip this year to Home Sweet Home is coming up soon. Prior trips were easy to get the rapid Antigen test across from Coco La Palm prior to flying back home. For those of us staying at the smaller (non all-inclusive) properties, has the availability been lately in Negril for getting rapid Antigen tests ?

User Info Menu

Re: current Antigen test availability in Negril

Do you know if the restaurant at HSH is open? If not, that may make "no movement days" difficult. Looking to go in December but won't pull the trigger until things settle down some.
    Regards,
    Bob

User Info Menu

Getting an antigen test in Negril is almost as easy as finding ganja. 😁

There is a testing site at Coco La Palm, Boardwalk Shopping Village has a location at I-Doc & Dr. Grants office in the Sunshine Plaza (where Hi Lo is located).
    There are mobile type units along the road...you'll see the signage.
    You won't have any problem finding an antigen testing site.

I'll also add...Canadians etc that require the PCR test instead of the antigen test to return home...
    in Negril you have the choice of going to the Boardwalk Shopping Village to I-Doc, Dr. Grants office at Sunshine Plaza and the Omega Clinic in the XYE resort...appts required.

Your hotels can set up your testing for you...albeit the cost will sometimes be higher for the convenience of coming to you.

User Info Menu

Lisa, what would be the cost of the PCR test for us Canadians?
    If you are worried about something, do something about it. If there is nothing you can do, why worry!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stoners6 View Post
    Lisa, what would be the cost of the PCR test for us Canadians?
    Stoners...Dr. Grants office is charging 25000J (currently approx. $210CA) & most locations are quoting around that price.
    Make sure to have them charge you Jamaican currency on your credit card...not US currency.

User Info Menu

Thank-you Lisa.
    If you are worried about something, do something about it. If there is nothing you can do, why worry!

User Info Menu

It looks like the Abbott self test is accepted to re-enter the USA. You need to do it on camera (like a Zoom call) with a licensed person watching you swab and run the test. Not sure how much that all costs.

We recently had it done in a pharmacy in Italy for $22EU ($26 USD). This also got you a 48 hour Green Pass which is an EU-specific QR code that is scanned before you can eat inside a restaurant or enter a museum, etc. These Green Passes were not available to us USA citizens and none of the documentation we brought worked. Weather was great so we just ate outside anyway.

User Info Menu

Here is the link for the test kit. $150 USD for 6 tests. Sorry, but not sure if the video verification part is included with the $150 or if there is an extra charge for that.

https://www.emed.com/products/covid-...pack?hsLang=en

Quote Originally Posted by Odinson View Post
    It looks like the Abbott self test is accepted to re-enter the USA. You need to do it on camera (like a Zoom call) with a licensed person watching you swab and run the test. Not sure how much that all costs.

We recently had it done in a pharmacy in Italy for $22EU ($26 USD). This also got you a 48 hour Green Pass which is an EU-specific QR code that is scanned before you can eat inside a restaurant or enter a museum, etc. These Green Passes were not available to us USA citizens and none of the documentation we brought worked. Weather was great so we just ate outside anyway.

User Info Menu

That’s pretty cool and cheap if the US is really accepting it. No need to go anywhere or to pay the doctor to come to you. I need to see if there are any reviews for it. Thanks for sharing!

User Info Menu

FWIW, the restaurant at HSH was open back in May when I was there. Great food and great people. They have posted pics on their IG page recently so I am guessing they are up and running.