Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Covid Anxiety

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Covid Anxiety

I would like to hear from people who have recently returned from Negril or who are still on vacation there how much anxiety they have from Covid. We are finally returning in early October. We are fully vaccinated and will be taking as many precautions as possible. I know that as long as we are outside it is very safe. How do you feel about other places such as hotel lobbies , stores and the airport? Posed Name:  IMG_0977.JPG
Views: 1580
Size:  1.76 MBa picture to remind us of the beauty of Negril

User Info Menu

Re: Covid Anxiety

Returned to the states 2 weeks ago after a 4 1/2 month stay on the rock. Music venues were open, musicians were fab! Danced my legs off! Had a great time in Black River, Ys Falls, and on the West End. Followed the protocols and had a fab time! Airport in MoBay ran smoothly. No issues. I felt safer on the rock than I do here.
    Last edited by sandytoes; 09-13-2021 at 08:45 PM.

User Info Menu

Good to hear

User Info Menu

We just returned last week from a 9 day stay in Negril at Couples Swept Away. We had a wonderful time and didn't even think about a *virus*. We walked the beach up yo Kuyaba and made a few Red Stripe stops along the way. Another day we took a taxi to Times Square for a little shopping. We are both vaccinated and used hand sanitizer. CSA was like heaven! Beautiful resort and we are already planning on returning there again.

User Info Menu

We too visited CSA back in March. Even back then, we felt safer than if we were back home. Guests wore masks indoors. They were removed when seated in restaurants, but worn while walking to and from the table. Not many people wearing masks outside. Staff wore masks always; inside and outside. (Missed the smiling faces.) Hand sanitizer everywhere. On the resort and off. Everytime you entered an establishment there was someone either at the door or quickly welcoming you with a bottle of sanitizer.
    Johio

User Info Menu

I usually travel to Negril twice a year but during this pandemic I have managed 5 trips (July 2020 - July 2021). My covid anxiety came from waiting to receive the test results. Once the results came in, I was ready for my flight to JA. The mask wearing from when you enter your home airport until after you depart the airport is a pain and not fun - I couldn't wait to pull it down and breathe in some fresh air after exiting the airport. I found being in Jamaica to be safer than being home in Maryland. Stores, restaurants, hotel staff and airport wouldn't let any of us move freely through without hand washing/sanitizing, temperatures tested and mask mandates. Outside of buildings, mask wearing is just like anywhere else.....you have some that wear it and others that don't.

User Info Menu

I guess I'll chime in here to say that the only time we were required to wear a mask was entering the front office of the resort. Of course we wore them in the airport except not in the Club Mobay lounge. For the most part everyone seemed to comply with the mandates. Lockdowns sucked.

User Info Menu

I returned home two weeks ago I had no anxiety about Covid during my trip in Jamaica actually I was very few times was a close-up with anybody other than in the airport I flew back on Sunday I wouldn’t choose to do that again as the airport was packed like I’ve never seen but from the time I landed till the time I got back to the airport I had no close contact with people stayed in two hotels there was plenty of sanitizer around and they all use Covid protection wearing mask hotels were pretty much emptyI recommend going he will have fun and the people there was really appreciate you being there

User Info Menu

We got back 9/12 after 25 days at LTU. My only anxiety was airport/airplane. Not at all in Negril. Like some posters above I felt safer in Negril than I do back home in New Orleans. Especially since Hurricane Ida and her aftermath have understandably caused some people to lower their guard re the virus. We'll be back in Negril as soon as we finish our unplanned home remodel.

User Info Menu

Thanks to everyone for putting my mind at ease. I have "2 tickets to paradise" will be there tomorrow