Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: End of September 2021 Travel and Covid info...

User Info Menu

Re: End of September 2021 Travel and Covid info...

Thanks for the updates.
    Our trip to Negril is booked for February 2022. It's been too long.
    I am wondering if the low numbers of vaccinations in Negril are due to a lack of vaccine or a lack of interest amongst locals in getting the vaccine.
    Last edited by Georgia; 10-01-2021 at 09:04 PM.
    Hedo Negril '07 Hedo Ochi '08 Couples Negril & Riu Ochi '10 Firefly & iberostar Rose Hall Beach '12 Firefly & Samsara '14 Samsara & CocolaPalm '16 CocolaPalm & Couples Negril '17 Treehouse & Catcha & Couples Negril '22

Coming in from the cold...

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Georgia View Post
    Thanks for the updates.
    Our trip to Negril is booked for February 2022. It's been too long.
    I am wondering if the low numbers of vaccinations in Negril are due to a lack of vaccine or a lack of interest amongst locals in getting the vaccine.
    It is due to the lack of Pfizer. There is only enough Pfizer doses on the island for the second shots coming up soon.

There is so much interest that the population doesn't want the AstraZeneca since other countries are not recognizing it as a vaccine should you want to travel.

The J&J is looked as okay, but not as good.

The population is educated on the vaccines and far from hesitant. We all wish that the US would send the Pfizer doses promised early last month and that we paid for...
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Hmmmmm. Very interesting. It's really too bad that the US is not recognizing AZ as it is a perfectly good vaccine. It's also unfortunate that the promised Pfizer has not been sent. I hope things change very soon.
    I myself am a mixed bag. I have had AZ and Pfizer and will likely get a booster in the form of Moderna soon.
    Hedo Negril '07 Hedo Ochi '08 Couples Negril & Riu Ochi '10 Firefly & iberostar Rose Hall Beach '12 Firefly & Samsara '14 Samsara & CocolaPalm '16 CocolaPalm & Couples Negril '17 Treehouse & Catcha & Couples Negril '22

User Info Menu

Looking forward to our 2 week trip in December. I have had the vaccine and the booster and the wife will be getting her booster soon. The December trip will be extra special for us as I was diagnosed with prostate cancer a couple of months ago. I am having my prostate removed in a couple of weeks, so the December trip will be at the end of my recovery before I return to work. I'm a little nervous about traveling 6 weeks after surgery, but my surgeon assures me it will be fine.

Guys, get your prostate exam and PsA test. It might save your life!!
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear that Greg. I hope everything goes well with your surgery.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jaherring View Post
    Sorry to hear that Greg. I hope everything goes well with your surgery.
    Thank you sir!
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*

User Info Menu

Hmmmmm. Very interesting. It's really too bad that the US is not recognizing AZ as it is a perfectly good vaccine. It's also unfortunate that the promised Pfizer has not been sent. I hope things change very soon.
    I myself am a mixed bag. I have had AZ and Pfizer and will likely get a booster in the form of Moderna soon.
    If your first shot was a Pfizer, then your second one should be a Pfizer. Same with Maderna, and J & J is a single dose. Mixing vaccines is not a smart idea, nor is it condoned by the vaccine manufacturers or the CDC.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phineasfreakears View Post
    If your first shot was a Pfizer, then your second one should be a Pfizer. Same with Maderna, and J & J is a single dose. Mixing vaccines is not a smart idea, nor is it condoned by the vaccine manufacturers or the CDC.
    The UK, Canada, Germany, Italy, Jamaica...quite a few countries are recognizing mixed vaccines.
    It depends on which article you read whether you should mix the vaccines and with further reading, it often states that the CDC is still considering recognizing the mixed.
    Currently the WHO is recognizing mixed vaccines.
    Hopefully this will all be figured out very soon...makes travelling confusing and difficult for many folks.

User Info Menu

Thanks Rob... My finger's on the button for Feb !!!

User Info Menu

Up here in the Great white North, not only does mixing of vaccines occur, it is encouraged by many doctors. That is why I have had 2 kinds. My third one might be different again (Moderna perhaps?) and I am fine with it.
    Having said all that, I am wondering if Jamaica is recognizing all vaccines when foreigners travel to the country, Since tourism is very important, I am betting that they do.

Quote Originally Posted by phineasfreakears View Post
    Last edited by Georgia; 10-05-2021 at 03:30 PM.